tamales

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
    I might need to make a drive to somewhere in this god forsaken metroplex that has a nice selection of tamales... I've heard that the Plano Tortilla Factory has good ones....
    I'm not sure what happed to those clowns, one of my daughters went to Plano East with their kids and they always raved about their food. Thing is, is that the Plano Tortilla Factory was owned by a family that had the right recipe for success in the early 90's. They sold it to the Apraciaos (sp?) family and their food was never up to par IMO and they were expensive, this was back in 1996. I haven't been since they moved next to the DART rail but then they sold that new building and moved back into the original small place. Not sure what happend to them and I really don't care as I have not eaten there since my buddy Lewis' appendix blew up after eating their greasy ass barbacoa.
    Originally posted by Silverback
    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

BTW the original Dallas Tortilla Factory always had decent tamales but its a crapshoot depending on location. The last time I bought some form them, they were all masa and hardly any meat.
      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
        I'm not sure what happed to those clowns, one of my daughters went to Plano East with their kids and they always raved about their food. Thing is, is that the Plano Tortilla Factory was owned by a family that had the right recipe for success in the early 90's. They sold it to the Apraciaos (sp?) family and their food was never up to par IMO and they were expensive, this was back in 1996. I haven't been since they moved next to the DART rail but then they sold that new building and moved back into the original small place. Not sure what happend to them and I really don't care as I have not eaten there since my buddy Lewis' appendix blew up after eating their greasy ass barbacoa.
        Good info, thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
          Good info, thanks
          Speaking of good info, I'll be bringing my AR puzzle to you to help me put them together, I haz daughters and tamales!

Comment

Speaking of good info, I'll be bringing my AR puzzle to you to help me put them together, I haz daughters and tamales!
            I imagine we could work something out!!

Comment

I haz daughters
              I'll trade you some Delia's tamales...
              Originally posted by BradM
              But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
              Originally posted by Leah
              In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Got mine in today. So, just thaw, then reheat/steam? Never had frozen tamales.

Comment

Originally posted by Cannon88 View Post
                  Got mine in today. So, just thaw, then reheat/steam? Never had frozen tamales.
                  I think it would be best if you let them thaw in the fridge before heating / eating them, just to help avoid drying them out.

Brent's comment about steaming them sounds like a great idea. Otherwise, I leave them in the husk, wet a paper towel and wring it out good and loosely wrap around the individual tamale or lay one on the bottom of the plate, and another across the top.

Comment

Good deal, thanks! I have the steamer thing, and will be doing several at a time.

Comment

mmmmmmmmmmm. hot homemade tameles

Comment

Just had some salvadoreƱo tamales, pretty damn good.
                        Originally posted by talisman
                        I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
                        Originally posted by AdamLX
                        If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
                        Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                        Because fuck you, that's why
                        Originally posted by 80coupe
                        nice dick, Idrivea4banger
                        Originally posted by Rick Modena
                        ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
                        Originally posted by Jester
                        Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

You sonsofbitches have broken Delia's website, I can't order any tamales until January!!!!!

You don't make your own tamales, what kind of frijolero are you?
                          2012 GT/CS & 93 Cobra
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Phuck Phace View Post
                            You don't make your own tamales, what kind of frijolero are you?
                            If the HOA got wind that I was making tamales in my hood, I'd be written up, homer!

Comment

If the HOA got wind that I was making tamales in my hood, I'd be written up, homer!
                              LMAO!

So far, the spicy pork Delia's tamales are my favorite, followed by the chicken/cheese.

Comment

Its that time of year again!!!

We need a DFW top ten spots for Tamales

Comment

Working...
                                X