Over range microwave

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Over range microwave

My microwave finally bit the shit after nearly 7 years. Any benefit going convection in a microwave? I'm thinking I'll just replace the $300 unit that was already there.

Originally posted by BradM View Post
    My microwave finally bit the shit after nearly 7 years. Any benefit going convection in a microwave? I'm thinking I'll just replace the $300 unit that was already there.
    I've been reading about this too and asking around. I think there is an advantage to a convection microwave.

1. If I understand it correctly - it's like another little oven. So, even if you have 2 - you can have another to keep things warm or whatever.

2. It can be used as a microwave.

3. For little things (muffins...etc), it's less power...etc and still browns, cooks a little faster.

4. They are not THAT much more expensive than an over priced microwave.

I have to buy a microwave in about a month, and I'm probably going convection unless I learn something otherwise. Just a little more versatile and multipurpose than a standard microwave.
    Originally posted by MR EDD
    U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

There is absolutely great benefit in a convection microwave. More so for those that use the microwave a lot. Air movement is a good thing, and will help with crispness. As ceyko said, browning, faster cook times, etc.

I wouldn't spend the money on one personally, but I also only use my microwave for popcorn. Everything else gets reheated in the oven. I really despise microwaves.
      Originally posted by BradM
      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
      Originally posted by Leah
      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

We use ours for canned soups and to reheat crap when I get the drunk munchies... That's actually why I started this thread, I was drunk and couldn't microwave a bowl of shit that I had thrown together. lol

Comment

LOL, started messing with it today, sober. Went and looked at the breaker, sure enough it was flipped. No need to buy a new microwave. Internet high five continuing into facepalm.

Comment

God damn it's happening again. What makes the breaker trip? Shits getting bad, I need to be able to reheat drunk food. This fucking hamburger helper isn't helping me at all. SON!

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
              God damn it's happening again. What makes the breaker trip? Shits getting bad, I need to be able to reheat drunk food. This fucking hamburger helper isn't helping me at all. SON!
              lol...

more than likely you have short in the wall outlet! those things go bad every once in awhile

Comment

I've had a GE Spacemaker over my range for 10 years and it works fine. I do not have the external venting connected and I do not even use the internal vent. It is not noisy. If you need some fresh info on over the range microwave, check out this resource please https://www.theolive.com/reviews/bes...ge-microwaves/

Comment

Thanks, bro! I have been waiting 7 years for this solution!

Comment

Originally posted by robbyrine View Post
                    I've had a GE Spacemaker over my range for 10 years and it works fine. I do not have the external venting connected and I do not even use the internal vent. It is not noisy. If you need some fresh info on over the range microwave, check out this resource please https://www.theolive.com/reviews/bes...ge-microwaves/
                    why are you looking up 7 year old microwave threads?

Comment

I know it's old, but this is the kind you really should get to replace your old broke ass shit.

Comment

Working...
                      X