Canik TP9SFX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canik TP9SFX

Does anyone own this particular model? I'm very interested to hear your thoughts if this is a good pistol for a once-in-a-while 3 gunner to take?

Last time I went 3 gunning, I used my G22 and I SUCKED. Of course .40 is a lot more peppy in recoil than 9mm, but I don't have any 9mm pistols.

I also like the mounting spot for the optic:

Not that model. I have a TP9SA. Have only shot about 500rds through it, but have yet to experience a single issue. Lots of positive reviews on Canik. Heard it's been deemed the poor man's Glock.

Comment

^^^^ I thought that Glock was a poor man's Glock.
      Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Better than a Taurus that’s for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
          ^^^^ I thought that Glock was a poor man's Glock.
          Reads like something a dochtr H&K nutswinger would say. It's a good plastic gun that has been reviewed to have great reliability, accuracy, and at least at the time I bought mine, was cheaper than a Glock. Not sure if that still holds true today.

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
          I had a PT145 at one time. I loved its ergonomics and that it was one of the first .45 compacts offered in a double stack. But it was a Taurus and had every issue that has been documented. Sold it before the recall.

Comment

I should get a Canik and keep it just to show people they suck, not the gun. Sure I don’t enjoy shooting a glock as much as a custom 1911, but a Gloc can do the job very well.

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
              Reads like something a dochtr H&K nutswinger would say. It's a good plastic gun that has been reviewed to have great reliability, accuracy, and at least at the time I bought mine, was cheaper than a Glock. Not sure if that still holds true today.

I had a PT145 at one time. I loved its ergonomics and that it was one of the first .45 compacts offered in a double stack. But it was a Taurus and had every issue that has been documented. Sold it before the recall.
              I have HK's but I'm not an HK nut swinger. Never have had a plastic Taurus before that I can recall at the moment. Their 1911's make good cores for a build in my opinion.
              Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                Well over 500 rds thru my PT111 Millenium Pro G2. Minimal recoil, accurate...I have no complaints.

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
                  Well over 500 rds thru my PT111 Millenium Pro G2. Minimal recoil, accurate...I have no complaints.
                  Same. Very impressive, especially for a $200 pistol.

I also used to have a Canik TP9SA, and it was a great shooter as well.
                  "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Ive had issues with S&W, Kahr, remington, but not the taurus' that ive owned. Guess I am just lucky. Maybe I dont shoot enough.
                    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Yeah supposedly the 9mm's have fewer issues and less complaints than the .45's.

Comment

I've been curious about Caneks myself. Though i need to stop buying guns i don't need and shoot the ones i DO have.

Comment

Of the 2 I own...(145 and 709 slim)...they've had thousands of rounds through them with no gun issues.

The 709 had some problems with Winchester white box not ejecting...but that was an issue with the ammo itself. It was way out or spec and confirmed it be a bad lot.

I havent shot the judge I just bought yet so we shall see if that brings anything up.

I've had more issues out of a kimber RCP than any other gun I own.

And machines get more advanced and gun designs stay stagnant...prices can easily come down. Especially for manufacturers than have little to no major R&D like Taurus. They dont have to sustain much overhead.

Comment

Working...
                          X