No announcement yet.

1/12th Scale 1969 Camaro Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks great man and glad to play a tiny tiny role in an awesome project. If you need anything else let me know...I hate to see the printer sitting idle!

Comment

• glad to see this one back on the bench. can't wait to see the progress again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
        Looks great man and glad to play a tiny tiny role in an awesome project. If you need anything else let me know...I hate to see the printer sitting idle!
        I can send you the brake files if you want to mess around with them and see how they print. The caliper itself, I don't think will work well with your machine, just due to the amount of clean up it would need to get it smooth with the detail involved. The rotors however, you may be able to print.

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
        glad to see this one back on the bench. can't wait to see the progress again.
        You and me both! I've got several contest builds that I'm working on for March. This one just needs too much work to be a candidate for the contest this year. The more I get to working on it, the more I'm leaning towards a full detail of the chassis and engine bay.
        Originally posted by Leah
        Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

• Do junkyard cars have a place in these contests you go to? would be fun to try and finish one of my old junkers for a show or something, I've got a cuda that looks pretty real.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
            Do junkyard cars have a place in these contests you go to? would be fun to try and finish one of my old junkers for a show or something, I've got a cuda that looks pretty real.
            Honestly, I don't recall. It would lend itself best to the diorama category, though I don't see why it wouldn't fit in a normal class.

Here is a link to the facebook page for the Showdown. https://www.facebook.com/events/366696117208433/

It is put on by the Metroplex Car Modellers Association

There are a few other shows in the area, but I have found most of them to be IPMS shows that are heavily geared towards the armor/aviation type stuff. I'm looking at hitting up a couple of shows in surrounding states if my schedule will allow it.

Comment

• Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
              I can send you the brake files if you want to mess around with them and see how they print. The caliper itself, I don't think will work well with your machine, just due to the amount of clean up it would need to get it smooth with the detail involved. The rotors however, you may be able to print.

You and me both! I've got several contest builds that I'm working on for March. This one just needs too much work to be a candidate for the contest this year. The more I get to working on it, the more I'm leaning towards a full detail of the chassis and engine bay.
              Send it! Never hurts to try

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                Send it! Never hurts to try
                I just sent some stuff over. They are the most detailed parts that I have designed, I'm curious if your printer is able to print them!

I got the first coat of filler primer on the sleeves last night. Hopefully I can go through the first round of sanding and re-spraying tonight. I've got some bright aluminum lacquer from Alclad that I'm hoping gives me a nice aluminum look.

I need to pick up a desktop drill press and an X Y table so that I can make some modifications to the wheel centers to accommodate the hubs and lug nuts, as well as machine down the heads on the 00-90 bolts.

Comment

• What do you guys think of the brakes? They are essentially scale replicas of the 09-13 ZR1 brakes, rotors and calipers. With the current size and design, the caliper interferes with the wheel center. The easiest solution is to re-design the rotor hat to give me the clearance I need, essentially moving the brake assembly back towards the rear end. Of course, my concern with that is the overall look of it. Do they look too big in the opening?

The idea/thought behind the car is a street driven autocross machine, think Bad Penny, if you are familiar with it.

Refresher photo

Comment

• I got one of the wheel sleeves cleaned up and pai ted tonight, and...I ain't mad at it!! I was hoping for a bit different color on the wheel sleeve. It came out more chrome, but I definitely don't hate it! I need to get the rears done to really see how I feel about it. More wheel will be showing out back. The wheel center I used is an old test print from shapeways with a quick shot of gunmetal. I am undecided on the wheel center color. My top 3 choices are gunmetal (the spokes and hoop are too thin to really show any metal flake in the gunmetal), magnesium (a dark gray color), or pale gold.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

• I got one of the rear wheels cleaned up. I will probay have to go back and clean them up a bit more, but I HAD to see what one of the rears looked like. I also sprayed the center Alclad pale gold. I'm digging it.

Comment

• I agree on the gold, I love the metallic charcoal color and dark greys, but that gold looks kick ass

Comment

• Originally posted by shumpertdavid View Post
                          I agree on the gold, I love the metallic charcoal color and dark greys, but that gold looks kick ass
                          I wasn't sure about it until I had it in the wheel well. There is enough gold tone in the paint that really compliment the wheels!

Comment

• The gold looks great with that color!

Comment

Working...
                            X