No announcement yet.

Zero Dark Thirty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

found the movie to be pretty weak, especially considering all the hype surrounding it

Comment

Movie followed the book The Only Easy Day and I am glad it did. There was not as much action as most people would think. But they showed one of the unknown heroes of the search and all that she did.

Comment

Usama Bin Ladens body...

I know that this is old ass news, but is there any factual evidence that Bin Laden is actually dead? I know that he was supposedly killed and his body was set to sea or some shit to appease the other muslims.

I might be way behind on shit going on, but what if 9/11 wasn't a government conspiracy as much as it was a democrat conspiracy?

Shortly after GWB takes office, the most deadly attack on American soil takes place. The economy goes to shit. Yes, we all know that in time of war a president is typically re-elected. So GWB has 8 years to fuck shit up, even though he's not really fucking shit up. He was elected at the tail end of an American industry boom with Microsoft and other software companies which people will automatically think the government was the source.

GWB takes over in 2000, a year later this attack takes place thanks to box cutters. Seriously...fucking box cutters. Is America that pussified in 2001? That Middle Eastern people can hijack a plane with box cutters?

So lets fast forward to 12 years later with all of this shit happening now. Somebody found Usama, killed him and nobody gets to see his body because we want to respect their religion? This is fucking retarded if you ask me.

Now, we're experiencing an all time high in school shootings with little evidence of said shootings occuring?

A couple years ago, I was completely against secession but now......America is not the land of the free and the home of the brave. It's the land of the scared and home of the silent.
        "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Where as many people have already come forward with details of the event and their timelines and details; are all within plausible differences of each other.

You need to read No Easy Day.

There is too much controversy between all these parties for them to be so close to one another on the facts. The story would have to be so fucking elaborate and deep that they would ALL be dead by now just to keep it straight.

OBL is at the bottom of the ocean.

Even as much as I don't like our POTUS, I stayed up here in Afghanistan that morning to listen to the announcement and felt proud to be where I was and for why. Don't take that from me with this conspiracy bull shit. Not mad just sayin.
          Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Good book, I read it when it first came out a few months ago. The actual raid on UBL pretty much matched also what was on the movie Zero Dark Thirty.

Comment

Watched it tonight. It was giid but left me asking questions. How close was this movie to the actual events? You'd think a lot of this would be kept classified but I can also see where it wouldn't. The opening monolounge brought back memories of that day, I closed my eyes and it made me feel like as it was yesterday. The final scenes with ts6 were intense but I thought I read that there was more to what was shown.
              Originally posted by talisman
              I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
              Originally posted by AdamLX
              If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
              Originally posted by Broncojohnny
              Because fuck you, that's why
              Originally posted by 80coupe
              nice dick, Idrivea4banger
              Originally posted by Rick Modena
              ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
              Originally posted by Jester
              Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

Every American should see this movie.

Comment

Originally posted by idrivea4banger View Post
                  The final scenes with ts6 were intense but I thought I read that there was more to what was shown.
                  Ill bet money you are right, it seemed way to ''Hollywood'' for my taste.

Comment

I would strongly suggest reading No Easy Day (written by a ST6 member and a squad leader of the raid to kill OBL) and a new one I just finished last night, Damn Few by Rorke Denver.

Denver was a Platoon commander with ST4 and one of the main guys in acting and making the movie Act of Valor. Lots of good info in there. It was published this year so it is VERY fresh, right down to the OBL killing, the loss of 24 ST6 members in the Chinook attack in Afghanistan and the SOCOM expansion of all special operations units. Pretty interesting read. Unlike Naynay, I suggest getting the story from hard back vs the shitty Rueters and yahoo news. Read events from muliple perspectives to formulate your own assessment of the events. [/rant]
                    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                      Every American should see this movie.
                      I agree. It was long, with a a lot of build up and anticipation for the ending, but worth it to tell the story and how long of a process it was to chase him down. Great movie.

Comment

Working...
                      X