Is Texas real estate slowing down?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 01yz2nv View Post
    Market sucks right now IMOP, we have a contract on another house on 61 acres with a contingency on selling our home. Located in Princeton, 3/2/2 1600sqft built in 05, on close to an acre and a half lot, very nice cul de sac neighborhood.Been on the market for close to 3 weeks now and we’ve had 3 showings. And we are priced we feel right on the money. Other houses on our street sold in days for over $300k just last year. We are dropping to $269k tonight.
    You wanna sell me about 5 acres when you close on the new place? lol
    Originally posted by Leah
    Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

• Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
      We are in a similar situation. It's the slow time of the year for house sales historically. Spring and Fall are better. Expect things to pick up once school starts again. We didn't get our house on the market until the end of May and we should've sold in April. We turned down one offer thinking we'd get more and are still stuck with the house. Our new house is supposed to close on 9/24 and I need the cash from this one for the contingency. I'm not excited about the prospect of selling my Porsche and getting a bridge loan either. I'm going to start contacting investors on Aug 1 when our contract expires with our realtor. I may just take a screwing via opendoor too at that point. We shall see. We've dropped the price a lot and I would take 10k less right now if a serious buyer showed up.

We bought in August too and the seller was very flexible. July and August are buyers months.

Once folks are trying to get their kids in the right schools it will pick back up substantially. It's also too damn hot out right now to be looking at property is what a lot of realtors are hearing and saying.
      The summer is certainly considered part of the busy season...your realtor seems to have lied to you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
        The summer is certainly considered part of the busy season...your realtor seems to have lied to you.
        Can you CNC a realtor? Maybe you’d like to discuss statistical process controls again too. You sure know everything about everything for someone that’s stepped in shit around here almost as much as naynay.

Summer is busier than winter but it’s not spring or fall.

Comment

• Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
          Can you CNC a realtor? Maybe you’d like to discuss statistical process controls again too. You sure know everything about everything for someone that’s stepped in shit around here almost as much as naynay.

Summer is busier than winter but it’s not spring or fall.
          Awww somebody's fragile feelings got hurt. Do you need someone to lend you a few dollars? Will that take the stress off and make you a bit less touchy?

Spring and early summer are literally the busy months. You are actively failing to sell your house during the busy season, why would anyone trust your comments on the matter?

I dont know everything...I just know how to keep my mouth shut when I have no clue what I'm talking about. How have you still not learned that at the age of 50?

Comment

• Katfight!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
              Awww somebody's fragile feelings got hurt. Do you need someone to lend you a few dollars? Will that take the stress off and make you a bit less touchy?

Spring and early summer are literally the busy months. You are actively failing to sell your house during the busy season, why would anyone trust your comments on the matter?

I dont know everything...I just know how to keep my mouth shut when I have no clue what I'm talking about. How have you still not learned that at the age of 50?
              You are a lot like a CNC machine yourself. You do one thing reasonably well, but pretty much suck anything else. Check home sales for last year May and June were busier than July or August.

Since you’re such a baller why don’t you come up with 350 and flip it for 400 with your mad skills?

I won’t be 50 for a few more years, and being old is far preferable to being the shithead you are and always will be.

Comment

• i do not think this site can handle a battle of wits between these two intellectual juggernauts.

godspeed dfwmustangs bros!

Comment

• we searched for 3 years before buying our place. looking for houses is one thing. cedar hacking and exploring unimproved land is definitely not a summer thing

Comment

• July and August are traditionally slower than spring. Families focus on getting their kids into school, vacation, etc. Talk to any inspector and realtor... it's not nearly as good form them as the spring.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                      Just talk to a realtor, they will tell you it is still ON FIRE!
                      Those fuckers were the ones pouring gas on the sparks to get this going. We looked at new construction, and builders are starting to load up on incentives.

There are house-poor folks all over right now, if the equity evaporates they are in deep shit and will have to ride it out.

Comment

• Originally posted by akfodysvn View Post
                        July and August are traditionally slower than spring. Families focus on getting their kids into school, vacation, etc. Talk to any inspector and realtor... it's not nearly as good form them as the spring.
                        Interesting, always heard this was busy time because people were trying to get in for the school year.

Comment

• Listed our rent house Mid May, had contract in a week, it closed within month. Listed ours mid June, had contract within a week, closes friday..
                          Adios North Texas..

Comment

• Originally posted by dcs13 View Post
                            Listed our rent house Mid May, had contract in a week, it closed within month. Listed ours mid June, had contract within a week, closes friday..
                            Adios North Texas..
                            Where you heading?

Comment

• What is now entertaining is seeing actual OpenDoor signs posted outside houses...foolish owners took the bait. At least the 2-3 solicitations snail mailed every week to sell have now slowed considerably.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                                Where you heading?
                                Hye Texas...The Hill country..
                                Last edited by dcs13; 07-23-2018, 01:07 PM. Reason: sp

Comment

Working...
                                X