Prepping for dog attack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
    Getting off the bus....I'd have him take a look around and if he sees the dog - have him ask the driver to stick around a second until he gets in the house. Otherwise, could just ask the driver to hang out while the kid gets in house and instruct your kid to bee line it there running.

Otherwise, it's like anything else - just has to TRY and be aware - which is not something easily done for a 7 y/o that lives a modern life that we do.
    As someone mentioned later, I wouldn't run, and I definitely wouldn't advise my child to run. If the dog is aggressive, that turns it into a hunt and trying to chase him down. Even if the dog isn't aggressive, it could be mistaken that your child wants to play and the dog chases him, knocks him down, and tries to play, which could be bad.

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
    I would notify the authorities that your neighbor has a vicious Pit that is roaming freely off leash and that it has already attempted an attack. Sounds like a shitty owner.
    Unless he is in Royse City proper, they don't give a fuck. I've tried to get strays picked up, right outside of the city limits, in a subdivision that is "governed" by the city, and they basically told me I was shit out of luck.

Originally posted by John -- '02 HAWK View Post
    Tell the bus driver so they can keep their eyes out as well.

If the dog is aggressive to you it will be doubly aggressive to somebody half your size. Do the right thing and call the police and animal control
    This

Originally posted by S_K View Post
    My thoughts, until you can get rid of the dog...

Running from a pit bull is not a good idea. They are chase animals and instinctively chase and knockdown their prey. Back away never lose eye contact.

You're going to have to feed him or beat him. Have treats and a stick ready when he leaves the house. leave the stick at the bus stop, pick it up on the way home.

Teach him to keep something between him and the dog. His backpack, bike, a book... Use it as a weapon.

This is probably a territorial dispute between your dog and the pit. Pit wants to expand his territory, your dog is going "No f**cking way". Not going to end well.

and this.
    Originally posted by Leah
    Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
      So you think going to a neighbor and threatening to kill their dog is only going to have a good result? And in the event that dog ends up dead...you think the neighbor is just going to say "well the did tell me this was going to happen...gee golly they were right. I'll be a better person next time"?

That’s right. Double down on your stupidity. What I posted is pretty clear. I reckon I understand you missing the context of only threatening the dog’s life if it were to become aggressive as well as recording the conversation, and somehow missed the mounting of cameras as well? Did you read your own link?

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
        As someone mentioned later, I wouldn't run, and I definitely wouldn't advise my child to run. If the dog is aggressive, that turns it into a hunt and trying to chase him down. Even if the dog isn't aggressive, it could be mistaken that your child wants to play and the dog chases him, knocks him down, and tries to play, which could be bad.
        To clarify, yes don't run if dog there - which is why bus driver would be asked to keep him on bus if so. Otherwise, don't dilly dally getting into the house.

Of course talk with the owner/neighbor as well, just figure that would happen by default.
        Originally posted by MR EDD
        U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Wife reported it to animal control, and thought it was smart to talk shit to the neighbor via txt as well, I told her to stop and block the number and went to talk to him to try to salvage the relationship with him. He agrees the dog needs to go away and is trying to get buyin from the owner, his GF. Thanks for the input from everyone here.
          Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
            Wife reported it to animal control, and thought it was smart to talk shit to the neighbor via txt as well, I told her to stop and block the number and went to talk to him to try to salvage the relationship with him. He agrees the dog needs to go away and is trying to get buyin from the owner, his GF. Thanks for the input from everyone here.
            I had a joke about your FIL but I’ll save it in case I run into Rob again
            Originally posted by PGreenCobra
            I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
            Originally posted by Trip McNeely
            Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
            dont downshift!!
            Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
              It appears your starvation diet
              You still don't know what starvation means lol. Just put the word up there into your google search box and then read the definition. Fatass.
              WH

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                You still don't know what starvation means lol. Just put the word up there into your google search box and then read the definition. Fatass.
                Oooo look what we have here. Mr wooden dumbells must be having hunger pangs again because snake boy told him to stop eating.

And to think you're putting yourself through this cyclic starvation just to try and be half as fit as me. Jealousy looks as good on you as that petroleum engineering degree hanging on your wall.

Comment

You still don't know it, do you. Google is right there man... its right there. Just search it, and read the definition. The results will shock you!
                  WH

Comment

This is how I learned to defend myself against dog attacks.

Last edited by soap; 02-08-2019, 08:24 PM.
                    sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
                    🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Smash em in the face with glass bottles you taped to your hands?
                      WH

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                        Smash em in the face with glass bottles you taped to your hands?
                        Yup. It just takes practice to convince the dogs to give you a few minutes to go find bottles and tape.
                        sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
                        🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Working...
                        X