Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 01-GATOR View Post
    Well Walmart went out like a bitch too

The world’s largest retailer, Walmart, announced a change to its policies Wednesday, saying it would raise the minimum age required to buy a firearm and ammunition and remove any items that resemble assault rifles from its shelves.
    so what prevents a 19 year old from going to walmart, getting rejected for buying ammo and said 19 year old suing them just like the gays suing the baker? I get that it's a "we reserve the right situation", but the law says the 19 year old can buy it, same way the law says a gay couple has the expectation to be able to buy a cake... show me the legal difference that keeps Walmart or any other retailer from getting the shit sued out of them on a daily basis until the law would be changed.....

Comment

Originally posted by aggie97 View Post
      so what prevents a 19 year old from going to walmart, getting rejected for buying ammo and said 19 year old suing them just like the gays suing the baker? I get that it's a "we reserve the right situation", but the law says the 19 year old can buy it, same way the law says a gay couple has the expectation to be able to buy a cake... show me the legal difference that keeps Walmart or any other retailer from getting the shit sued out of them on a daily basis until the law would be changed.....
      Very good point. I hope someone does sue them and Dicks

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
        U mad @ Walmart bro?
        Not really. I like to go to Wal-Mart or The Waffle House when I feel depressed. It's an instant pick-me-up when I see the patrons that visit these places.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
          Not really. I like to go to Wal-Mart or The Waffle House when I feel depressed. It's an instant pick-me-up when I see the patrons that visit these places.
          Watching intervention helps too.

Comment

livePD or parking wars will make you feel like Einstein .

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
              I'm the opposite. Going into a Wal-Mart is depressing to me, as is live shopping in general. Good thing online shopping is available, since I generally don't like people and crowds.

Comment

I'm the opposite. Going into a Wal-Mart is depressing to me, as is live shopping in general. Good thing online shopping is available, since I generally don't like people and crowds.
                I don't like people or crowds either, but seeing these peoples shitty lives first hand just gives me a sense of relief.

Comment

By coincidence I went to our local Wal-Mart yesterday afternoon to pick up an online order that was shipped to store. I'm too cheap to pay shipping on an $8 item and I have to admit their pickup "kiosk" was totally painless, and it's right inside the front door now. Of course there was the stereotype fattie resting in a chair nearby, but otherwise I would use this method again.

Comment

I think the real story here is that people still shop at Dicks to begin with, who knew?
                    Originally posted by stevo
                    Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

By coincidence I went to our local Wal-Mart yesterday afternoon to pick up an online order that was shipped to store.
                      Use them to order groceries for pickup. Extremely painless.

Comment

Well some is already suing them in Oregon

20-year-old sues Dick’s, Walmart for refusing to sell him gun

An Oregon man has hauled two major sporting goods retailers into court, claiming they have violated the state’s discrimination laws after they refused to sell him a rifle due to his age.

Tyler Watson, 20, filed suit in a state court against both Dick’s and Walmart arguing the stores, who sell sporting goods to include firearms to the general public, specifically refused to sell him a rifle because he was under age 21, citing recently adopted company policies.

According to court documents, Watson tried to buy a Ruger 10/22 from a Field & Stream store, owned by Dick’s, in Medford on Feb. 24 and was refused due to his age. Last week, Watson doubled-down by going to a Walmart in Grant’s Pass, where he was similarly rebuffed for the same reason.

While federal regulators advise licensed gun dealers they can, and should, exercise their right to refuse potentially unlawful firearms transactions, Watson is taking the big box stores to court over Oregon’s discrimination statutes where the case may hold some legal water.

Jim Hargreaves, a retired county judge in the state, told Willamette Week that Oregon law states that as long as a person is an adult, they can’t be refused something based on age that’s ordinarily available to other adults.

“They [sellers] can’t set their own age limit because the statute has already done that,” Hargreaves said. “They don’t have any authority because the statute specifically says you can’t as a merchant discriminate against either young people or old people. If you’re selling something you have to sell it to anyone who is entitled to buy it by law.”

Attorney Joshua Prince similarly warns that age-based policies adopted by merchants in gun sales could run afoul of discrimination laws in Pennsylvania while legal analyst Colin Kalmbacher at Law and Crime points out that as many as 19 states and jurisdictions have enshrined protections against unlawfully discriminating against customers based on age.

Max Whittington, Watson’s attorney in the Oregon lawsuits, said they may be the first of their kind filed in the country.

As for Walmart, a spokesman for the retailer told Oregon Live they are standing behind their policy, despite the legal action.

Comment

Working...
                        X