X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QuestionableContent-Awesome Webcomic

Comment

• Originally posted by BPo001 View Post
      $2k?! I paid like $180 for my bottle from Total Wine.
      I hope you bought all they'd let you.

Comment

• I won a bottle of TX Bourbon and their blended whiskey last night, along with a bunch of other stuff. Their head distiller was giving a lecture along with Dr. Simanek (chair of the chemistry and biochemistry department at TCU). Has anyone tried their Bourbon yet? Since both bottles were autographed and are hand numbered I'm a little hesitant about opening them. They are sitting next to my unopened bottle of French Oak cask strength Balcones single malt.

Comment

• Originally posted by BP View Post
          I won a bottle of TX Bourbon and their blended whiskey last night, along with a bunch of other stuff. Their head distiller was giving a lecture along with Dr. Simanek (chair of the chemistry and biochemistry department at TCU). Has anyone tried their Bourbon yet? Since both bottles were autographed and are hand numbered I'm a little hesitant about opening them. They are sitting next to my unopened bottle of French Oak cask strength Balcones single malt.
          I've only ever found 1 bottle of their Bourbon and the place wanted $250ish for it. I laughed in their face and walked out without buying any of the other stuff I had planned to get.
          QuestionableContent-Awesome Webcomic

Comment

• Originally posted by BP View Post
            I won a bottle of TX Bourbon and their blended whiskey last night, along with a bunch of other stuff. Their head distiller was giving a lecture along with Dr. Simanek (chair of the chemistry and biochemistry department at TCU). Has anyone tried their Bourbon yet? Since both bottles were autographed and are hand numbered I'm a little hesitant about opening them. They are sitting next to my unopened bottle of French Oak cask strength Balcones single malt.
            My wife and I each got a bottle on the first day. One bottle is killed, and for some reason the other we aren't touching yet. That being said, I prefer the standard TX more the bourbon, and its cheaper.

Comment

• Originally posted by cool cat View Post
              My wife and I each got a bottle on the first day. One bottle is killed, and for some reason the other we aren't touching yet. That being said, I prefer the standard TX more the bourbon, and its cheaper.
              Some of the reviews I've seen say wet sweet cardboard is a prominent flavor, kind of weird. It'll probably stay in the cabinet for a while and end up as a gift for someone.

Comment

• I made my way to Garrison Brothers distillery with some friends last week. Did the tour and bought a cycling jersey. Cool little thing they have going down there.

Comment

• This thread's been dead for a year - you guys suck.
                  A friend I've known for 2/3 of my life is in town from San Fran so we had to go catch up and decided to check out the whiskey room at Bosscat Kitchen

I never wanted to buy a whole bottle, but I decided to try a pour of the Basil Hayden Dark Rye. It's mostly Kentucky rye, but it's mixed with a bit of Canadian rye and a touch of port wine.

Without being too pretentious, if you like port, and you like rye... with a dash of water (or let the big cube melt for a few) this shit it gooooood.

Comment

• That looks like a nice bar!

Comment

• Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                      This thread's been dead for a year - you guys suck.
                      A friend I've known for 2/3 of my life is in town from San Fran so we had to go catch up and decided to check out the whiskey room at Bosscat Kitchen

I never wanted to buy a whole bottle, but I decided to try a pour of the Basil Hayden Dark Rye. It's mostly Kentucky rye, but it's mixed with a bit of Canadian rye and a touch of port wine.

Without being too pretentious, if you like port, and you like rye... with a dash of water (or let the big cube melt for a few) this shit it gooooood.

My buddy Jon and I killed a whole bottle of that dark rye last Saturday. Good stuff.
                      Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                      I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                      Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                      Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                      dont downshift!!
                      Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

• That actually sounds decent and it reminds me I need to pour myself a celebratory round for finishing a big project.

Is it at all similar to your standard port wood aged scotch?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                          Is it at all similar to your standard port wood aged scotch?
                          Similar but not the same. There's more port flavor on the back end for sure.
                          They haven't said how much port is blended in, but by law it can't be more than 2.5%. Most estimates are 1-1.5% - sounds small, but it makes a difference.

Comment

• Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                            Similar but not the same. There's more port flavor on the back end for sure.
                            They haven't said how much port is blended in, but by law it can't be more than 2.5%. Most estimates are 1-1.5% - sounds small, but it makes a difference.
                            Interesting! I have actually converted back to single malt for a week so now and find how much I really miss it, but I’ll definitely get a bottle of this and give it a shot, pun intended.

David

Comment

• Someone might be interested in this.

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap
                              (google map)

I have a couple bottles of pappy van winkle for sale I have some 10 year some 15 year and a couple 20 year also have a 23 year please let me know if interested
                              10 year 375 from 17
                              15 year 925 from 15,16,17
                              20 year 1250 15,16,17
                              23 year 1950 15

Open to the offers if buying multiples. No low ball offers please. Thanks for looking happy hunting.
                              QuestionableContent-Awesome Webcomic

Comment

• Jack Daniel’s claims competitor’s look-alike whiskey bottle ‘dilutes’ its brand

Comment

Working...
                                X