Factory Five Mk4 Cobra Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 01yz2nv View Post
    Damn that one looks sick. Factory five has some good deals for kits on Black Friday. They'll prob have the same sale for new years. Just FYI
    Oh it will be several years before I even think about one. I have to finish my MR2 build and have some other life plans.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post
      Oh it will be several years before I even think about one. I have to finish my MR2 build and have some other life plans.
      How is the progress on the MR2?
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Originally posted by mk5.0 View Post
        The problem with this, and what has been posted, the picture here the bar is flat, whereas the one the OP posted is U shaped, I don't think it'll shrink well enough to conform to the bar.

Comment

• Originally posted by racrguy View Post
          The problem with this, and what has been posted, the picture here the bar is flat, whereas the one the OP posted is U shaped, I don't think it'll shrink well enough to conform to the bar.
          This. But my battery box has multiple hold down mounting holes, so I moved it down several holes and it has plenty of space now.
          "You don't so much drive it, more like poke it with a sharp stick and channel the fury when you piss it off."

FFL & LTC Instructor
          http://firstresponsefirearms.com/
          Factory Five MK4 Cobra
          Build thread-http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17889
          http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/l571/BlitzAttack65/
          www.wix.com/cdurhamwot/blitzattack-mk4-build
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by CJ View Post
            How is the progress on the MR2?
            Motor should be done and ready to go in in about another week or so. Decided the stock 2.0 wasn't gonna be able to handle the power level I had targeted reliably. Went with a built 2.2 stroker instead for a few bucks more. Also got the head built to handle close to 700 wheel. After the motor goes in I will drag the car up to Denton for a custom top mount turbo setup, intake manifold, air to water intercooler, and a prototype ECU will be tested on the car.

Total time estimated before the car is on the road is about 5 months at the earliest.

Comment

• Originally posted by 01yz2nv View Post
              I have a video here but Im not gonna lie, the vid is not of the first start. We had several issues at first, so this is prob a 10th start video haha.
              That's like the car TV shows. They skip over the all the little gotchas that come along with starting a fresh engine for the first time.
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by mustang1200 View Post
                That's like the car TV shows. They skip over the all the little gotchas that come along with starting a fresh engine for the first time.
                Man and there was alot too, oh this clamp is leaking, now this hose is leaking, firing order is jacked, oh now this is leaking, etc.........
                "You don't so much drive it, more like poke it with a sharp stick and channel the fury when you piss it off."

FFL & LTC Instructor
                http://firstresponsefirearms.com/
                Factory Five MK4 Cobra
                Build thread-http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17889
                http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/l571/BlitzAttack65/
                www.wix.com/cdurhamwot/blitzattack-mk4-build
                sigpic

Comment

Motor should be done and ready to go in in about another week or so. Decided the stock 2.0 wasn't gonna be able to handle the power level I had targeted reliably. Went with a built 2.2 stroker instead for a few bucks more. Also got the head built to handle close to 700 wheel. After the motor goes in I will drag the car up to Denton for a custom top mount turbo setup, intake manifold, air to water intercooler, and a prototype ECU will be tested on the car.

Total time estimated before the car is on the road is about 5 months at the earliest.
                  Who's doing the work? I know a few of people in the stupid-fast MR2 community.
                  Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                  I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                  Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                  Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                  dont downshift!!
                  Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

• Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
                    Who's doing the work? I know a few of people in the stupid-fast MR2 community.
                    Aaron and Scott at ATS Racing.

Comment

• I'm jelly.

Comment

• Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
                        I'm jelly.
                        Nothing stopping you .... Make it happen man.

Comment

Nothing stopping you .... Make it happen man.
                          2 kids are stopping me!

Comment

• Awesome build!

Comment

Aaron and Scott at ATS Racing.
                              Cool. You know Albert and Precht?
                              Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                              I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                              Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                              Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                              dont downshift!!
                              Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

• Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
                                Cool. You know Albert and Precht?
                                You should probably delete your posts since they aren't adding content to the build thread.

Comment

Working...
                                X