No announcement yet.

Roadkill Vs. Gas Monkey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like GMG, not so much the builds but they're entertaining. I've had two friends on the show, one posts here and the other is a regular.

Comment

I hope roadkill crushes gas monkey. I would also buy the shit out of a gas chicken garage shirt
      Originally posted by Theodore Roosevelt
      It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

I really doubt its staged. Unless its all set up by dodge, whop apparently has massive ad funding.
        They really threw a lot at breaking bad and several gas monkeys. Just stuff I've noticed.
        DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
          during work one day I had the TV on Discovery, they were having a marathon of the gas monkey spin off. They were working on a 60's mustang, and talking about how expensive the paint was and that it would be impossible to match the color. Then they show this inbred kid spray painting a driveshaft white in front of the shop fan. Then they say he got a lot of overspray on the mustang and it might ruin the build. Only problem was the damn can was clearly plastidip! They went on for half the show trying to fix the paint. Even brought in Rawlings buffing guy and had him say he couldn't get the paint to buff off.
          It's that kind of fake Bull Shit that turns me off of these shows. AND it's the lack of that BS that makes Roadkill so awesome!
          Misfit does some damned nice work, but the producers do love some fake drama as well as real drama. Maybe I am biased because I am related to one of the stars, but I do like Misfit better than Gas monkey.

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
            Misfit does some damned nice work, but the producers do love some fake drama as well as real drama. Maybe I am biased because I am related to one of the stars, but I do like Misfit better than Gas monkey.
            they last me when they did the plasti dip stunt. That and I'm feeling that the whole split from GMG was just a setup for the new show.

Comment

Gas monkey always struck me as guys that were producing a show with drama; some of it real and some of it staged. Road kill is a couple of car guys having fun and living the dream. Big difference. Gas monkey might win because of corporate dollars but the road kill guys will have a lot more fun.

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
                they last me when they did the plasti dip stunt. That and I'm feeling that the whole split from GMG was just a setup for the new show.
                That was pretty early in the season. Season 2 had some really nice cars get built.

Comment

Oh shots fired!

Comment

I wish the roadkill guys where doing the work.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
                      I wish the roadkill guys where doing the work.
                      Same. I am a little underwhelmed by their competition. Cars with identical weights, identical drivetrains, and not built by the hosts of the show. Starting to feel more and more like a Dodge publicity stunt.

Comment

Rules didn't specify if nitrous is allowed....
                        2012 GT500

Comment

8th mile drag race in cars they didn't build? I don't get it.

They should do that junk yard challenge or nothing at all.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Mc View Post
                              I can't say that Richard is any better. He doesn't turn a single wrench on his cars. Whats the difference in paying an employee to build a car, or paying a shop to build a car?

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
                                I can't say that Richard is any better. He doesn't turn a single wrench on his cars. Whats the difference in paying an employee to build a car, or paying a shop to build a car?
                                So far I'm pretty disappointed in the whole thing. I liked the original idea posted about them meeting at a junkyard, building a car and driving 1000 miles. I would have loved to see that. This just seems to be a waste of time.

Comment

Working...
                                X