Polishing stock 5.0 valve covers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polishing stock 5.0 valve covers

Can someone point me in the direction of a shop in the North FtW, HEB, NRH area that can polish a set of valve covers?
    I can do a decent job myself, but getting that superduper mirror finish can be hard to get with what I have in my garage.
    Thanks in advance.

The time and money its going to cost to do that (labor) you can have them powder coated or chromed. Actually you can probably buy a set already done for the same amount.
    One more thing to add, most of those have been heated cooled so many times the first time you take them off they warp, not to mention the bolt holes that become uneven and leak.
    Originally posted by Silverback
    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

I didn’t have much luck finding anyone to polish metal for me. But I had pulido plating do pulleys and brackets. They turned out very nice, chrome plating is expensive. I also had specialized performance coatings ceramic coat a bunch of stuff and it shines very nicely too.

Comment

Thanks to both of you.

I'm thinking about buying some aftermarket, already polished.

Mine had the shiny thermal coating (Specialized Coatings) but it is just too soft. Scratched way too easily.
        They have been at a powder coating shop where they say no matter how well they bake them, the aluminum continues to off gas and ruin the powdercoating.

Comment

Originally posted by JV106 View Post
          I didn’t have much luck finding anyone to polish metal for me. But I had pulido plating do pulleys and brackets. They turned out very nice, chrome plating is expensive. I also had specialized performance coatings ceramic coat a bunch of stuff and it shines very nicely too.
          Specialized did my turbo kit and it turned out amazing!

Comment

Originally posted by Mysticcobrakilla View Post
            I’m sure it did. I have no reservations recommending them. I’ve been very pleased with their work.

Comment

Originally posted by Mysticcobrakilla View Post
              Michael is one of the good guys, and excellent work comes out of that shop.

Comment

Ortiz Aluminum Polish on facebook. He has mirror polished stock valvecovers in stock iirc.

Comment

Working...
                X