Anybody into IH Scouts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody into IH Scouts?

This thing is awesome. Wish I had some spare cash.

Raises hand!

A buddy mine used to have one (RHD) back when we all used to ride dirt bikes. Funny story. We were coming back from west of Fort Worth about midnight in November and the rain was coming down pretty steadily. Pulling a trailer coming down I 30 throttle cable broke on his vehicle. We had no choice but to take turns and one of us would go outside, open the hood And sit on the bumper working the throttle while the driver stuck his head out so he could steer. We traveled 20 miles an hour on average all the way back to Haltom city in the rain. Fun times!

David

Comment

Fucking patina my ass. Hey, lets scrub this rust a little and clear coat it. I mean that is a long term viable solution, ask any one that has ever restored cars.

I do dig it though. My days of restoring shit with rust are over though.
      Last edited by kingjason; 04-25-2020, 10:30 AM.
      Whos your Daddy?

Comment

My grandfather has a truck version like this only in somewhat rough shape he told me to come get. It still has a dog box in the back from my great uncle's days of running quail dogs or greyhounds on coyotes. Only downside I've found from research is that your pretty limited on engine options unless you're ready for a lot of metal work moving the firewall.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
        "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

I dig the shit out of that!

David

Comment

I've got a neighbor that has a fairly nice one. I've offered to buy it but he inherited it and feel obligated to restore it. Meanwhile, it sits in his garage and rusts.

Comment

Working...
            X