Focus RS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aggie97 View Post
    Ryan, leave it stock for fucks sake. 400whp on AWD cars is over 600 at the crank. You are going to have another nightmare. Modding an AWD 4cyl turbo car is like dating a stripper. Sure it can be sexxy....but its going to cost you a fortune, leave you broke and feeling unsatisfied while your buddy with the clean Fox is still throttling his bitch daily.
    The number one reason I may get a Z06 over another Miata or whatever.
    Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Thanks for keeping it grounded, Matt! Haha! Sage advice.

I was thinking no more mods than my Speed3. Intercooler, tune, CAI. That car was dead reliable for years and years.

I would like to daily the RS and then get the GT350, but i'll wait till the GT500 comes out and drives down demand for the GT350 as everyone chases the GT500.

They are also producing an RS500 with supposedly 400-450HP.

Comment

I did just do some radical mods today though : window tint and LLamar Self-healing paint protection. Oh snap!

Comment

Back on topic, I was pretty unimpressed with service at Grapevine Ford when i went in for my 500 mile oil change.

Drive was dirty, and they didn't want to take my car at 3:40 when they close at 4 on saturday, with a bunch of people standing around taking personal phone calls.

Comment

Originally posted by 32vfromhell View Post
            Thanks for keeping it grounded, Matt! Haha! Sage advice.

I was thinking no more mods than my Speed3. Intercooler, tune, CAI. That car was dead reliable for years and years.

I would like to daily the RS and then get the GT350, but i'll wait till the GT500 comes out and drives down demand for the GT350 as everyone chases the GT500.

They are also producing an RS500 with supposedly 400-450HP.
            With age comes wisdom. Sell all the ford products and buy a Vette. Call it done. you are young enough you can start saving for the gold chains now.

Comment

Putting this rather bluntly, but Corvettes are for faggots and Tesla Model S P85s are for hipster faggots.

I am interested in the new ZL1 coming out though! The new Camaro looks close enough to a mustang anyway that I could probably put Boss badges on it and no one would know the difference.

Comment

Putting this rather bluntly, but Corvettes are for faggots and Tesla Model S P85s are for hipster faggots.

I am interested in the new ZL1 coming out though! The new Camaro looks close enough to a mustang anyway that I could probably put Boss badges on it and no one would know the difference.
                By that reasoning and given your age...shouldn't there be a Tesla in your garage?!

Vettes are for old dudes who have been through all the bullshit and just want a car that performs and doesn't make excuses or cost a fortune to beat up or fix. The vette fits that bill. I am even looking at C4's to put a big block into and go have fun with!

Comment

Have you looked at the cost of C7 parts? Crazy!

BTW, they do have a nice C7 Zo6 at Carmax in Irving, all for the low low price of like 75 grand!

Comment

Love the RS, what made you buy one vs a STI or a Golf R?
                    Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

BTW, they do have a nice C7 Zo6 at Carmax in Irving, all for the low low price of like 75 grand!
                      Hold up there fella. I was going with a nice used C5-C6 Z06. Shit I am not about to drop a house payment on a car.
                      Whos your Daddy?

Comment

You are bitching about the price of a C7 Z06 for $75k when a GT350R is in the $65k+ range?....for a MUSTANG? Come on man...

Besides, I too was speaking of a used C6 in the low $30k range or less that will rape a GT350 on track. Just sayin....or find a nice used 996 911 for VERY low $20k's and have a DAMN fine daily driver. We overpaid for ours but it's an 04' with only 33k on it. Couldn't pass it up but it is a damn fine car for both the track and daily driver.

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
                          I also miss having North Texas Nissan being owned by one of our guys. That guy really took care of us.
                          Not really

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
                          2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Originally posted by fordracing19 View Post
                            Not really

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
                            agreed

Comment

Originally posted by aggie97 View Post
                              You are bitching about the price of a C7 Z06 for $75k when a GT350R is in the $65k+ range?....for a MUSTANG? Come on man...

Besides, I too was speaking of a used C6 in the low $30k range or less that will rape a GT350 on track. Just sayin....or find a nice used 996 911 for VERY low $20k's and have a DAMN fine daily driver. We overpaid for ours but it's an 04' with only 33k on it. Couldn't pass it up but it is a damn fine car for both the track and daily driver.
                              Funny you mention that, on the way home i was considering looking up 997 or 996 prices online.

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
                                Love the RS, what made you buy one vs a STI or a Golf R?
                                STI is an old-bones car, and while they do hold up better than most other Subaru, they just dont seem to have it together for the full experience like Ford does nowadays.

The Golf R? VW is very proud of it, and it's a 2.0L T AWD car at 300hp. Which isnt terrible by any means and is far more livable day to day. Just had a bad experience with my brother's audi with the 1.8T being more expensive than my built-engine cobra to repair the engine after it dropped a valve! Also VW usually gets creamed on reliability scores.

Comment

Working...
                                X