Texas, three more states on California’s banned travel list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas, three more states on California’s banned travel list

California is restricting publicly funded travel to four more states because of recent laws that leaders here view as discriminatory against gay and transgender people.

All totaled, California now bans most state-funded travel to eight states.

The new additions to California’s restricted travel list are Texas, Alabama, Kentucky and South Dakota.

They join Kansas, Mississippi, North Carolina and Tennessee as states already subjected to the ban.

California Attorney Xavier Becerra announced the new states at a Thursday press conference, where he was joined by representatives from ACLU Northern California and Equality California.

“We will not spend taxpayer dollars in states that discriminate,” Becerra said.

California’s Legislature last year voted to restrict state-funded travel to states with laws that allow businesses to deny services to gay and transgender people.

California’s law gained attention after North Carolina enacted its so-called “bathroom bill,” which prevented local governments from adopting anti-discrimination ordinances and required that people using bathrooms in public buildings choose the restroom that corresponds to their gender at birth.

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott this month signed a law that allows child welfare providers to deny services because of “sincerely held religious beliefs,” a provision that critics interpreted as permitting adoption agencies to deny services to gay families.

Alabama and South Dakota were added to California’s listed of banned states because of similar adoption-related laws. The California Department of Justice said Kentucky’s Senate Bill 17 allows student-run organizations in schools to discriminate against classmates.

The California law includes exemptions for law enforcement officers, tax auditors and training events that are required for grants. California’s tax-collecting Board of Equalization has an office in Houston.

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/news/politics-...#storylink=cpy

Did not read but that is fine with me. They can stay there or go anywhere else. Too many of those idiots in austin already. Don't need anymore visiting.

Comment

What a HUGE blow to Texas and the other states. How on Earth will we ever recover from this?! Every last member of the Politburo of Kalifornia can go fuck themselves hard with a cactus.
      "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

can we get them to come get their libtards out of texas ?

Comment

Originally posted by bubbaearl View Post
          can we get them to come get their libtards out of texas ?
          I can't fucking wait!!!!

Comment

those poo pushers are never happy

Comment

Originally posted by helosailor View Post
              What a HUGE blow to Texas and the other states. How on Earth will we ever recover from this?! Every last member of the Politburo of Kalifornia can go fuck themselves hard with a cactus.
              This..

My mom reached out to me yesterday asking questions leading to the possibility of her moving here (well, she's looking at Waco) from her home in Southern CA. After ~50 years living out there she's had enough (she's from Arkansas originally).. Both her and my step dad are well into retirement and she's been wanting to move here since he retired, but he was reluctant. Apparently she's finally worn him down because his response now is "just tell me when to pack".

Comment

so wait.. they're against Trump's travel ban... but institute their own travel ban...

liberal thinking at it's best

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                  so wait.. they're against Trump's travel ban... but institute their own travel ban...

It's just a higher level of thinking that we will never understand.
                  Originally posted by MR EDD
                  U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

If we build the wall down south can we build it around California too?

Comment

Oh no, how will we in the great State of Texas, survive?!!!!1111JUAN!11!
                      Originally posted by Silverback
                      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

I wonder if the countries on Trump's travel ban discriminate?

Comment

yeah.... I got nothin'

Complete stupidity

Comment

Oh darn. I am so upset by this. Really I am.

Comment

So no more commie imports? Can we send them some kind of thank you card? A dirt cheap one though. Something printed at the office and just folded into a card.
                              WH

Comment

Working...
                              X