No announcement yet.

Honda CRF450R issue- left for a year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just fill the carb with gumout and let if sit for a few days. Then fill the tank with fresh gas and try to start it. Of course my days of dragging old bikes out of sheds and getting them going predates the requirement of adding ethanol to pump gas.
    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
      I just fill the carb with gumout and let if sit for a few days. Then fill the tank with fresh gas and try to start it. Of course my days of dragging old bikes out of sheds and getting them going predates the requirement of adding ethanol to pump gas.
      That shit is terrible. It is not just a matter of spraying some carb cleaner in there, fuel and crank. It hardens damn near like epoxy.
      Whos your Daddy?

Comment

I had to take the sub frame off and unbolt the shock at the top to let it fall back and give myself room to get things apart. There is some kind of aftermarket air filter and it was in sore need of cleaning, so I cleaned it and sprayed it with K&N oil, it's a reusable type. I cleaned the top part of the carburetor but a screw head stripped on the bottom part and I couldn't get the bottom off, so I sprayed carb cleaner in the fuel inlet, shook it around and let it drain out. New spark plug, fresh oil (it would appear that's where the gas went), drained the tank and rinsed it with fresh gas, then refilled it after cleaning the fuel filter, the bike fired up on the second kick and it's never done that. Took it for a short ride around the neighborhood.
        Ronald Reagan:"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."

Homer: "Bart...there's 2 things I know about women. Never give them nicknames like "jumbo" or "boxcar" and always keep receipts...it makes you look like a business man."

Comment

if you ever need to get in the bowl its no thing to drill that screw head off, but replace all those philips with allen heads. they strip easily if you dont have the right screw driver

Comment

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
            if you ever need to get in the bowl its no thing to drill that screw head off, but replace all those philips with allen heads. they strip easily if you dont have the right screw driver
            That's what I'll do. Thanks!
            Ronald Reagan:"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."

Homer: "Bart...there's 2 things I know about women. Never give them nicknames like "jumbo" or "boxcar" and always keep receipts...it makes you look like a business man."

Comment

Working...
            X