Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AT&T to begin throttling unlimited data users in October?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does a phone use data when something is in the background? For example, on my Inspire, it usually shows 69 different programs running in the background on my Watch Dog. If any of these use data to function (ie: internet, maps, etc), are they using data while in the background?

Comment

I'm not too bad
      Next Bill Cycle: 8/6/2011
      Data (MB) 1698.58 of Unlimited
      2004 Mustang GT: BBK shorty headers, BBK O/R X, Flowmaster catback, JLT cold air, Trickflow 75mm TB and Plenum, UD pulleys, upper and lower CA's, 3.73, SCT XCal 2 ---- SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by ZYouL8R View Post
        Does a phone use data when something is in the background? For example, on my Inspire, it usually shows 69 different programs running in the background on my Watch Dog. If any of these use data to function (ie: internet, maps, etc), are they using data while in the background?
        Friend Stream, weather, stocks, email, gmail, twitter, G+ all poll at predetermined times and use data when they do.

Comment

Bryan, what phone do you have?
          How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Originally posted by The Geofster View Post
            Bryan, what phone do you have?
            HTC Inspire/Desire HD

Comment

Ahh ok. Was wanting to go from a 2.2 ROM (Phoenix) to a 2.3 ROM (Serendipity is being eyed currently) sometime in the near future and was hoping you had a Captivate and could provide a bit of support for any questions I have doing that. I've heard you can easily brick them if not done properly.
              How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

No sir, Tony and Jeremy have Cappy's. From what I understand, it's very difficult to truly brick one anymore since Odin3.

Comment

Working...
                X