Sliding gate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sliding gate

Has anyone attempted to build their own sliding gate or cantilever? Idk....I’ve been kicking around the ideA. I found a gate on King Architectural Material and the rest of the material can be found at Lowe’s or HD. Looks kinda doable .....
    .....bro....

I have built a few sliding gates, are you doing a motor driven or manual?

Comment

Sliding gate

Manual for now but I intend on adding some power when I get the funds. I’ll be moving soon and I hate the way the fence and back driveway look now...
      Last edited by A+; 07-31-2020, 08:39 PM.
      .....bro....

Comment

I’ve done a cantilever gate, I’m glad I did even tho it costs a bit more than 2 swing gates

Comment

I've never seen the materials needed to install a cantilever gate at HD or Lowes

King sells the hardware needed to install it but it's not cheap

If you've never done it before, want low cost and plan on moving out soon anyway I'd look at other options

Comment

I wouldn’t go thru the work/expense for the next guy. I bought all my stuff from Ace Fence, they had the pipe and rollers. I want to say I had around $500 in material for an 18’ gate but it’s been a couple of years. I do remember the rollers were $50 each and you need 4.

Comment

Sorry, I meant that I wanted to build one for the next house that I was moving to. It may have been ACE, where I saw the cantilever parts. The new place had a dumb fence design but it has a carport that is perfect for a fence. This guy made me feel like I could do it myself but I’m not about welding. http://yu.xueming.org/tag/cantilever-sliding-gate/
              .....bro....

Comment

Google fence supply near me and you'll find a slew of places. Keep in mind the small shops usually get their stuff from the big places.

Just know that you need to remove the zinc coating on galvanized anything before welding. That way it bonds correctly and your not breathing in toxic fumes in the process

Comment

Working...
                X