No announcement yet.

2020 Lawn Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone had any luck in getting rid of Dichondra? It is starting to take over my yard.

Comment

My yard was pretty bad, I think I took a before pic and it was very bad, now this pic doesn't do it justice.
      Originally posted by Silverback
      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Looking good Stephen...
        Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
          Looking good Stephen...
          I haven’t posted mine yet lol.. that’s was me quoting.. just treated my Bermuda with 2-4,d to try and rid some weeds and I have some yellow spots.. I’ll fertilize in a few days and should be looking good for summer
          "PSH!!!"

Comment

Here's my yard pre-treatment
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by 94mstng94 View Post
              Finally got around to dethatching today. Some hard work, but she’ll look good soon. I have a bit of an obsession with my lawn, but luckily it’s only 3k sq ft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Just saw a video of the Thatcher machine. I've always used a rake. Now to go rent one and give it a try. Lawn looks good

Comment

2020 Lawn Thread

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                Hrx217?
                Edited... yes - gotta love those Honda’s

Comment

Here’s the junker reel mower.

Comment

I put some fresh pics in the album link in the OP. We seeded the "small", side yard yesterday and put down about 40k sq ft of Scott's in the field to control weeds.

I'm anxious to see what the side yard is gonna look like w/even more dense turf in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
                      Apparently the grass here in Vancouver WA doesn't go dormant like I'm accustomed to back in TX.
                      I bet it's Tall Fescue, really popular along the west coast.

In its preferred growing zones, tall fescue provides lawn owners with outstanding options for improving lawn resilience and durability.

Comment

When are we supposed to fertilize with weed and feed type stuff? I put down pre-emergance about a month ago and have done three mows so far. The bermuda is starting to come in but I have noticed some bright green weeds coming in and was wondering when to feed it?

Comment

When are we supposed to fertilize with weed and feed type stuff? I put down pre-emergance about a month ago and have done three mows so far. The bermuda is starting to come in but I have noticed some bright green weeds coming in and was wondering when to feed it?

If you see a haze of green Bermuda, go ahead and feed it. Look up PGF Complete... just fertilize. Weed and feed is counterproductive. Your Bermuda will grow strength and choke out most of your weeds. Most others, you can spot treat with a 2-4D post emergent weed killer.

Comment

Take pictures of the weeds and I may be able to help with treatment.

Comment

Alright. I can’t do shit about it right now because I’m gone. But when I get back (hopefully in the next month or two) I’ve gotta do something about my lawn. And as this is my first house with an actual lawn, I’m gonna need some help. So basically, posting to remind myself to ask questions when I get home
                              Originally posted by Theodore Roosevelt
                              It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

Did any of you know zemog IRL? He's been gone for a quite a while, but seemed very knowledgeable, just wonder what happened to him.

Comment

Working...
                                X