New home build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
    Are you fully encapsulated? Or foam on the walls and ceiling?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

That’s kind of the same thing, Isn’t it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

Fully encapsulated is foam on the under side of the decking, making the attic conditioned space. With this set up you do not need any sort of attic ventilation. The other option is to foam the walls and the back side of the sheetrock at the ceiling.

You are fully encapsulated

Last edited by black2002ls; 08-23-2020, 07:58 PM.
        Originally posted by Leah
        Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Fully encapsulated is foam on the under side of the decking, making the attic conditioned space. With this set up you do not need any sort of attic ventilation. The other option is to foam the walls and the back side of the sheetrock at the ceiling.

You are fully encapsulated

Ah, good to know! It is nice having junk in the attic that is air conditioned.

Comment

1 acre lots = room for more barking dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Cannon88 View Post
              1 acre lots = room for more barking dogs.
              True, however, more space between the houses means the chances of hearing the fuckers while we try to sleep is much smaller!

Comment

True, however, more space between the houses means the chances of hearing the fuckers while we try to sleep is much smaller!

Lol I was just giving you a hard time. I have a neighbor that has a couple little yappy bastards that if they are outside, they are barking. Its ridiculous.

More space between the houses just means that maybe they wont hear you keeping the dogs quiet.

Comment

Originally posted by Cannon88 View Post
                  Lol I was just giving you a hard time. I have a neighbor that has a couple little yappy bastards that if they are outside, they are barking. Its ridiculous.

More space between the houses just means that maybe they wont hear you keeping the dogs quiet.
                  Ha! We have 3 smaller dogs, and they bark, however, whrn they get started, we stop that shit immediately!

Comment

Ha! We have 3 smaller dogs, and they bark, however, whrn they get started, we stop that shit immediately!

Well my neighbor doesn't, its usually me that shuts them up. Drives me crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by 94mstng94 View Post
                      Ah, good to know! It is nice having junk in the attic that is air conditioned.
                      It's also really nice being able to walk around in the attic without having to look so hard for each step. Plus it's much easier to figure out where you are when you can look down at the top plates and 'read' the floor plan right there in plain sight.

When my parents built their house, we laid down a 16" wide plywood walkway from one end of the attic to the other. I can get from one side of the house to the other in a few seconds. Also placed several lights in the attic.

Comment

Current state of things. Cornice crew hung most of the OSB and part of the house wrap. Decker decked most of the house.

Last edited by black2002ls; 09-06-2020, 08:52 PM.

Comment

How did those rafter screws work?

Comment

There has been some weather before August started, I think there are making good progress. House next to me got poured approximately 2 months ago and they are on brick and the sheetrock is done.
                            Originally posted by Silverback
                            Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
                              How did those rafter screws work?
                              Great! I'll drop the tool by next week if you will be around!
                              Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                              There has been some weather before August started, I think there are making good progress. House next to me got poured approximately 2 months ago and they are on brick and the sheetrock is done.
                              It is a struggle for me. A month after a slab is pored and I am typically bricking and hanging sheetrock. My average build time on a single story of this size is 12-14 weeks. I've built them in as few as 60 days and ready to close in as few as 90.

The frustrating part was the lumber sitting there for 2 weeks during good weather.

Comment

Is it considered a drawback with full encapsulation that you can't run wires down teh all plate/line anymore or is the insulating factor too much of a benefit? It looks like the stuff they insulate commercial refers with.

Comment

Working...
                                X