New Ruling on Pistol Braces coming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Ruling on Pistol Braces coming

Possible ATF Rulemaking: Pistol Braces To Require NFA Registration - Preliminary documents revealed by the Prince Law Blog may show a move to classify firearms outfitted with pistol braces as items controlled under the National Firearms Act (NFA).

ATF TO INSTITUTE RULEMAKING REGARDING STABILIZING BRACES AND REQUIRE REGISTRATION OF CURRENTLY OWNED BRACES

In a 16 page draft copy of proposed rulemaking/guidance specifying “Objective Factors for Classifying Stablizing Braces”, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) h…

Posted on December 16, 2020by Joshua Prince, Esq.

In a 16 page draft copy of proposed rulemaking specifying “Objective Factors for Classifying Stablizing Braces”, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) has proposed entering into rulemaking to delineate the objective factors considered when “evaluating firearms with an attached stabilizing brace to determine whether they are considered firearms under the National Firearms Act (‘NFA’) and/or the Gun Control Act (‘GCA)” and the Department of Justice’s plan to “subsequently implement a separate process for current possessors of stabilizer-equipped firearms to choose to register such firearms in compliance with the NFA.”

While the proposed rulemaking has not yet been published in the Federal Register, it is expected to be published in the upcoming weeks and interestingly – seemingly in violation of the law – ATF is only providing a 14 day comment period, at least, pursuant to the draft copy. Read more at the Price Law Blog.

Cocksuckers.

Comment

I'm curious how many of the "bump stocks?! they can take em!" crowd is now going "well wait just a minute now..."

Comment

it's a shame i lost both my bump stock and my pistol brace

Comment

The road going forward appears unpleasant at best. I suspect a tremendous flood of restrictions, laws, etc will come soon...including mandatory buybacks and confiscations..lots of unpleasantry will be coming..some of it will be violent and deadly. Guess we will see.

Comment

President-Elect Biden has already promised executive actions on "assault weapons".

Would be real easy to point to things like this as the "reasonable compromise" so he can say he didnt do the promised executive action, the NRA claims one for the win column, and we now all have to register our not-SBRs and pay stamps.

Comment

Originally posted by 32vfromhell View Post
              and we now all have to register our not-SBRs and pay stamps.
              Braces don't have serial numbers, so is the thought that a "pistol lower" would no longer be a thing and would have to be registered?

Comment

Sometimes I wonder if these Petty tyrants at federal agencies are completely unaware of the animosity held towards them. In the information age there is no hiding. I suspect the next time there is a Waco or a Ruby Ridge federal agents will find themselves under the gun at their own homes and they and their families will be killed.
                Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
                  Sometimes I wonder if these Petty tyrants at federal agencies are completely unaware of the animosity held towards them. In the information age there is no hiding. I suspect the next time there is a Waco or a Ruby Ridge federal agents will find themselves under the gun at their own homes and they and their families will be killed.
                  Until this happens petty tyrants gonna tyrant. With all the current crap being done by decree, I don’t see this changing until tyrants become imprisoned or worse. And even worse is the majority of people don’t care as long as they have their free stuff from the gov’t.

Comment

I've got my own ruling. It's called I'll do what I want, when I want, and I don't recognize the authority of a corrupt government. Good luck ever finding any of my stuff, i sold all that on craigslist years ago.
                    WH

Comment

Body Camera Footage Shows Columbus Police Officers Pointing Guns, Tazing ATF Agent

Comment

I've been meaning to SBR mine anyways.

Comment

We could really use a lot more of this. In the long run it will probably save some ATF agents lives.
                          Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                            I've got my own ruling. It's called I'll do what I want, when I want, and I don't recognize the authority of a corrupt government. Good luck ever finding any of my stuff, i sold all that on craigslist years ago.
                            Not that I would expect you to get it, but that in itself would be confessing to a felony...unless you have a license as a dealer or you only sold 3 guns or whatever the small number is.

Comment

Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
                              Not that I would expect you to get it, but that in itself would be confessing to a felony...unless you have a license as a dealer or you only sold 3 guns or whatever the small number is.
                              I haven't used craigs list since the back pages went away, but I don't think you can sell guns there, either.

Comment

Working...
                              X