DFW Mustangs    

Go Back   DFW Mustangs > General > Pumpin' Iron

Pumpin' Iron Forum for any kind of work out discussions.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2019, 06:56 PM   #21
kingjason
Notorious PIG
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Down South
Posts: 7,856
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95DRGT View Post
Big Cedar for the win- my go to.
So, 600 miles this year, and destroyed Hachie last time I went. I figured I would give Big Cedar a try last week. I was out there about an hour and a half and almost figured out my way around. What was confusing was every where I turned it had arrows to judgment day. I kept thinking, how the hell do I keep ending up on this same trail! After reading the reviews again I realized it was a race they had, jeez take down the signs. My Strava app said I was through the roof on exertion. I was going to ride the next day but ended up napping a lot. Super nice riding area though and I dug the new pavilion.

The weirdest thing about mountain biking is I never feel like I am really riding that hard but in the end I have blown away stats from riding my road bikes. I did download a new app called trail forks after that ride. Brilliant I tell you. It is like Google maps for trails. I may give the ole Cedar Hill State Park a go tomorrow since it tried to kill me 19 years ago as a large fella.
__________________
Whos your Daddy?
kingjason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 09:17 AM   #22
95DRGT
Lifer
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Arlington
Posts: 1,894
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingjason View Post
So, 600 miles this year, and destroyed Hachie last time I went. I figured I would give Big Cedar a try last week. I was out there about an hour and a half and almost figured out my way around. What was confusing was every where I turned it had arrows to judgment day. I kept thinking, how the hell do I keep ending up on this same trail! After reading the reviews again I realized it was a race they had, jeez take down the signs. My Strava app said I was through the roof on exertion. I was going to ride the next day but ended up napping a lot. Super nice riding area though and I dug the new pavilion.

The weirdest thing about mountain biking is I never feel like I am really riding that hard but in the end I have blown away stats from riding my road bikes. I did download a new app called trail forks after that ride. Brilliant I tell you. It is like Google maps for trails. I may give the ole Cedar Hill State Park a go tomorrow since it tried to kill me 19 years ago as a large fella.
Nice-I need to check a decent app like that. I did CHSP last week after several years away and itís as good as ever
95DRGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 08:48 PM   #23
Trip McNeely
DRILL BABY, DRILL!!!
 
Trip McNeely's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 38,230
Default

All Trails is another good hiking/biking trail app. I've used it to hike before.
Trip McNeely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 07:58 AM   #24
Shorty
Lifer
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,584
Default

Judgment Day is a blast. 10 different trails, 70 or 100 miles of riding, and a 24 hr time limit. I haven't participated the last 2 years due to life changes but it will test your mettle. I hope to do it again next year when I have some spare time to train. I mostly ride road nowadays.
Shorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 11:22 AM   #25
kingjason
Notorious PIG
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Down South
Posts: 7,856
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
Judgment Day is a blast. 10 different trails, 70 or 100 miles of riding, and a 24 hr time limit. I haven't participated the last 2 years due to life changes but it will test your mettle. I hope to do it again next year when I have some spare time to train. I mostly ride road nowadays.
Where the hell you gonna get 70 to 100 miles? Unless it encompasses more than one trail system. My Strava looks like a drunk guy going back and forth lost in the woods I did so many trails out there and I looped back around several times. I did miss the back side of ranger though. Multi complete laps I guess?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cedar Break.jpg (30.7 KB, 6 views)
__________________
Whos your Daddy?
kingjason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 01:25 PM   #26
Shorty
Lifer
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,584
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingjason View Post
Where the hell you gonna get 70 to 100 miles? Unless it encompasses more than one trail system. My Strava looks like a drunk guy going back and forth lost in the woods I did so many trails out there and I looped back around several times. I did miss the back side of ranger though. Multi complete laps I guess?
10 different DORBA trails around DFW in the same day.
Shorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 10:27 PM   #27
kingjason
Notorious PIG
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Down South
Posts: 7,856
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
10 different DORBA trails around DFW in the same day.
LOL. Not there yet.
__________________
Whos your Daddy?
kingjason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 06:52 PM   #28
kingjason
Notorious PIG
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Down South
Posts: 7,856
Default

Since Cedar Hill tried to kill me one time I gave her a try today. No issues really. I did 8 and then 3. It has more elevation changes then I remember.

__________________
Whos your Daddy?
kingjason is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:42 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.