DFW Mustangs    

Go Back   DFW Mustangs > General > Pumpin' Iron

Pumpin' Iron Forum for any kind of work out discussions.

Old 08-07-2019, 06:56 PM   #21
kingjason
Notorious PIG

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95DRGT View Post
Big Cedar for the win- my go to.
So, 600 miles this year, and destroyed Hachie last time I went. I figured I would give Big Cedar a try last week. I was out there about an hour and a half and almost figured out my way around. What was confusing was every where I turned it had arrows to judgment day. I kept thinking, how the hell do I keep ending up on this same trail! After reading the reviews again I realized it was a race they had, jeez take down the signs. My Strava app said I was through the roof on exertion. I was going to ride the next day but ended up napping a lot. Super nice riding area though and I dug the new pavilion.

The weirdest thing about mountain biking is I never feel like I am really riding that hard but in the end I have blown away stats from riding my road bikes. I did download a new app called trail forks after that ride. Brilliant I tell you. It is like Google maps for trails. I may give the ole Cedar Hill State Park a go tomorrow since it tried to kill me 19 years ago as a large fella.
Old 08-10-2019, 09:17 AM   #22
95DRGT
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingjason View Post
So, 600 miles this year, and destroyed Hachie last time I went. I figured I would give Big Cedar a try last week. I was out there about an hour and a half and almost figured out my way around. What was confusing was every where I turned it had arrows to judgment day. I kept thinking, how the hell do I keep ending up on this same trail! After reading the reviews again I realized it was a race they had, jeez take down the signs. My Strava app said I was through the roof on exertion. I was going to ride the next day but ended up napping a lot. Super nice riding area though and I dug the new pavilion.

The weirdest thing about mountain biking is I never feel like I am really riding that hard but in the end I have blown away stats from riding my road bikes. I did download a new app called trail forks after that ride. Brilliant I tell you. It is like Google maps for trails. I may give the ole Cedar Hill State Park a go tomorrow since it tried to kill me 19 years ago as a large fella.
Nice-I need to check a decent app like that. I did CHSP last week after several years away and itís as good as ever
95DRGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 08:48 PM   #23
Trip McNeely
DRILL BABY, DRILL!!!

All Trails is another good hiking/biking trail app. I've used it to hike before.
Trip McNeely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 07:58 AM   #24
Shorty
Lifer

Judgment Day is a blast. 10 different trails, 70 or 100 miles of riding, and a 24 hr time limit. I haven't participated the last 2 years due to life changes but it will test your mettle. I hope to do it again next year when I have some spare time to train. I mostly ride road nowadays.
Shorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 11:22 AM   #25
kingjason
Notorious PIG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
Judgment Day is a blast. 10 different trails, 70 or 100 miles of riding, and a 24 hr time limit. I haven't participated the last 2 years due to life changes but it will test your mettle. I hope to do it again next year when I have some spare time to train. I mostly ride road nowadays.
Where the hell you gonna get 70 to 100 miles? Unless it encompasses more than one trail system. My Strava looks like a drunk guy going back and forth lost in the woods I did so many trails out there and I looped back around several times. I did miss the back side of ranger though. Multi complete laps I guess?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cedar Break.jpg (30.7 KB, 6 views)
Old 08-12-2019, 01:25 PM   #26
Shorty
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingjason View Post
Where the hell you gonna get 70 to 100 miles? Unless it encompasses more than one trail system. My Strava looks like a drunk guy going back and forth lost in the woods I did so many trails out there and I looped back around several times. I did miss the back side of ranger though. Multi complete laps I guess?
10 different DORBA trails around DFW in the same day.
Shorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 10:27 PM   #27
kingjason
Notorious PIG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
10 different DORBA trails around DFW in the same day.
LOL. Not there yet.
Old 10-07-2019, 06:52 PM   #28
kingjason
Notorious PIG

Since Cedar Hill tried to kill me one time I gave her a try today. No issues really. I did 8 and then 3. It has more elevation changes then I remember.