DFW Mustangs    

Go Back   DFW Mustangs > General > God and Country

God and Country Politics and Religion

Old 12-02-2019, 11:32 AM   #21
jluv
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
This thread is an exact mirror of native Coloradians. They are pissed that so many people from California are moving here. They are the driving force behind turning the state from Purple to Blue this election cycle.

Though I still hold out hope that the independents here are still just pissed about Trump and will shift back to Red with the right candidate. Over a 3rd of the state's voters are independent.
In SW CO, they bitch mostly about the Texans taking over. Every year that gets more and more drowned out because the displaced Texans actually are taking over. A lot of native Coloradans are entitled fucksticks, though. They can eat a dick.

I'm just glad to be in such a rural area that I'm insulated from the crowds, bad drivers, crime, and the general bullshit that comes with city life. And I damn sure don't miss the big flat oven that is Texas.
jluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 12:51 PM   #22
Tx Redneck
Wannabe puter fixor
VIP Member

Location: On the straight and narrow,stumbling at best, only by Gods grace.
Send a message via Skype™ to Tx Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluv View Post
In SW CO, they bitch mostly about the Texans taking over. Every year that gets more and more drowned out because the displaced Texans actually are taking over. A lot of native Coloradans are entitled fucksticks, though. They can eat a dick.

I'm just glad to be in such a rural area that I'm insulated from the crowds, bad drivers, crime, and the general bullshit that comes with city life. And I damn sure don't miss the big flat oven that is Texas.
We drove through CO on teh way to WA and were disappointed in the scenery. It may have just been the path through we took, who knows.

I'd be curious to see what SW CO is like because we were nowhere near it.
Tx Redneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 03:26 PM   #23
jluv
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tx Redneck View Post
We drove through CO on teh way to WA and were disappointed in the scenery. It may have just been the path through we took, who knows.

I'd be curious to see what SW CO is like because we were nowhere near it.
Ya, if you were disappointed in the scenery, you definitely weren't near the San Juans (SW CO). I-25 splits the state (almost) in half vertically, and everything on the Eastern half might as well be Kansas. The Western slope is where it gets good, and the SW portion is widely regarded as one of the most beautiful areas in the world. Then again, not everyone is into high mountain peaks, dense forests, lush valleys, crystal clear lakes, rivers, streams, and waterfalls, wildlife, ghost towns, and extremely remote wilderness. I sure am!
Old 12-02-2019, 05:03 PM   #24
Big A
Lifer

Quote:
And I damn sure don't miss the big flat oven that is Texas.
I've been shopping real estate in both DFW and Sacramento here recently, and though it's not mountain country, even the moderate hills and established evergreens you'll find in Sacramento is simply so much more appealing to me. Add to that Lake Tahoe is a day trip, and it's so much more enticing there versus here. While, yeah, you can get more sqft for the money here, it's basically more "meh" per dollar.
Big A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 05:36 PM   #25
jluv
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big A View Post
While, yeah, you can get more sqft for the money here, it's basically more "meh" per dollar.
Exactly!
Old 12-02-2019, 06:37 PM   #26
bird_dog0347
Punk Ass Douche

It's also less Democrat per dollar... not that I'm a republican, fuck both parties, but I have no problem identifying the lesser of two evils.

Stevo
bird_dog0347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 10:29 PM   #27
Tx Redneck
Wannabe puter fixor
VIP Member

Location: On the straight and narrow,stumbling at best, only by Gods grace.
Send a message via Skype™ to Tx Redneck

Aaron, have you looked at WA state, it's beautiful up here and the cost of living isn't far off from DFW area.
Tx Redneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 08:47 AM   #28
The King
Lifer

Quote:
We drove through CO on teh way to WA and were disappointed in the scenery. It may have just been the path through we took, who knows. I'd be curious to see what SW CO is like because we were nowhere near it.
Quote:
Ya, if you were disappointed in the scenery, you definitely weren't near the San Juans (SW CO). I-25 splits the state (almost) in half vertically, and everything on the Eastern half might as well be Kansas. The Western slope is where it gets good, and the SW portion is widely regarded as one of the most beautiful areas in the world. Then again, not everyone is into high mountain peaks, dense forests, lush valleys, crystal clear lakes, rivers, streams, and waterfalls, wildlife, ghost towns, and extremely remote wilderness. I sure am!
Must be something like WA, where the western portion is green and the eastern portion resembles west TX.

Speaking of Texafornia, I fully expect Beto to resurface sooner or later and run for office. Sad thing is if he does he'll likely win if it's a Senate race he gets into.
The King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 08:58 AM   #29
Juiced4v
El Coyote

Yep seeing a lot more Toyota's/small cars on the road and traffic is out of control anywhere you go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VETTKLR View Post

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1
Juiced4v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 10:42 AM   #30
Big A
Lifer

Quote:
Aaron, have you looked at WA state, it's beautiful up here and the cost of living isn't far off from DFW area.
We've discussed a move to Seattle, it is beautiful, and an option for the current position I'm intervieing for, but not currently on the radar. My step daughter's dad and his family are in Sacramento, so that's the only consideration for now, we are comfortable enough in Frisco that really Sacramento is the only move that makes sense.

Once my stepdaughter is on her own this all may be subject to change, and Seattle is a logical next step in terms of career path.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Old 12-04-2019, 04:20 PM   #31
cool cat
Lifer

For those that have not heard, Charles Schwab will be building their new HQ in Westlake Texas. Bring on the next influx on California migrants. Maybe now 114 will become an actual freeway without stoplights.
cool cat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 05:25 PM   #32
Big A
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool cat View Post
For those that have not heard, Charles Schwab will be building their new HQ in Westlake Texas. Bring on the next influx on California migrants. Maybe now 114 will become an actual freeway without stoplights.
To that end, I took GB home today instead of 121, and it was flowing good with that new lane. I can't wait for 121 to get finished (if we are still here).
Old 12-05-2019, 12:08 PM   #33
Chili
Joe Blow
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool cat View Post
That place is fucking HUGE!
Chili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 07:03 PM   #34
Magnus
Lifer

Quote:
To that end, I took GB home today instead of 121, and it was flowing good with that new lane. I can't wait for 121 to get finished (if we are still here).
By the time it's "finished", we'll need another lane.
Old Yesterday, 12:52 PM   #35
Sean88gt
Avenge Me!

Quote:
We've discussed a move to Seattle, it is beautiful, and an option for the current position I'm intervieing for, but not currently on the radar. My step daughter's dad and his family are in Sacramento, so that's the only consideration for now, we are comfortable enough in Frisco that really Sacramento is the only move that makes sense.

Once my stepdaughter is on her own this all may be subject to change, and Seattle is a logical next step in terms of career path.

I was recently talking to a company in Bellevue. I love Seatte area. If I can find the right move, I'm gone. No secret I've never been a big fan of DFW, but lately my hatred has grown.
Sean88gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:02 PM   #36
Trip McNeely
DRILL BABY, DRILL!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
No secret I've never been a big fan of DFW, but lately my hatred has grown.
I left 10 years ago and haven’t looked back. Best decision of my life.
Trip McNeely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:26 PM   #37
Big A
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
I was recently talking to a company in Bellevue. I love Seatte area. If I can find the right move, I'm gone. No secret I've never been a big fan of DFW, but lately my hatred has grown.
"Do it."

The political side sucks, but there is a reason people deal with it and pay big money to live in certain places. After commuting this past year, I'm pretty well over it. If Sacramento doesn't work out my long game is to land something in Seattle, once Lina's off on her own.

Tags
*im blue, dabadedabadu mf's, does co have ghettos too?, i'm voting 4 sleepy joe, nay fix ur blue balls, vatos+nays=u move