Kid's first hunting rifle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BradM View Post
    He went with the 6.5 because no one suggested it and that is what he wanted anyway.
    It's how we do things around here, I thought.

I recommend the 6.5.
    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

He'd be fine with any .308 based cartridge. 243/260/7mm-08. 243 is great but I'd think he'd be better served over time with a .260 or 7mm-08 due to the versatility of projectile weights available.
      It happens to be a well thought out and reasoned dissertation on drug use and a lyrical cost/benefit analysis of various kinds of drugs, drawing the conclusion that beer is the best of them all.

Comment

I still have my .243, I wont sell it. One of my kids will get it. When I went to arkansas hunting family land, I used my grandfathers's 30-30, and I have it in the safe too.
        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Svo let his son use his russian rpg that his grandfather mined the materials for, and crafted with his bare hands using a swiss army knife.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
            Svo let his son use his russian rpg that his grandfather mined the materials for, and crafted with his bare hands using a swiss army knife.
            I heard it was a Bofors.

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
              .243 all the way! Let him pick it out. He'll love it more that way.
              This, I still remember going to the gun show with my dad and him letting me pick out my first .22. That was 25 years ago and I still have the gun and won't ever sell it.

Comment

Originally posted by KBScobravert View Post
                It's how we do things around here, I thought.
                It certainly is.

Comment

.25–06 is a good round.

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
                    He went with the 6.5 because no one suggested it and that is what he wanted anyway.
                    Yup. We discussed several calibers, and went with the 6.5.

Comment

Working...
                    X