Jet engine explodes, passenger sucked halfway out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Big A View Post
    Better not get behind the wheel anytime soon then either. Fatal traffic accidents happen every day, so that must mean you're next there too.
    lol...ya, hard to remember that sometimes - but it's reality. I'll take the window seats.
    Originally posted by MR EDD
    U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by 68RR View Post
      Randy, not familiar with that family of engines. Mostly dealt with GE CF6-50's, 80A's and C2's. Did a ton of blade lubes. Usually the moly coating would start flaking off and you would get a N1 vibe. Usually at .9- 1.2 (coming into Tulsa for a MBV) they would schedule a lube. Pull the blades, clean both the blades and hub, recoat and reinstall. The A sump seal would sometimes fail, allowing oil to get into the spinner, which would also show up as a vibe..
      I need to come to work with you one of these days, I can be a wrench bitch.
      Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

I always prefer the aisle seats, easier access to the restroom if needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
          He's in the retirement home (hangar), I'm out on the flight line. It's a fun job. Get to see/do some cool stuff and get paid for it.
          2006 Civic SI
          2009 Pilot
          1988 GT
          CRF50

Widebody whore.

Comment

Originally posted by beefed88 View Post
            He's in the retirement home (hangar), I'm out on the flight line. It's a fun job. Get to see/do some cool stuff and get paid for it.
            Retirement Home ???????? Hell Yes!!! Last day of work is scheduled for July 31st!!! I hit 32 years with AA on Saturday..
            Natural law. Sons are put on this earth to trouble their fathers.

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
              ya better hurry! I'm outta there in July!

Comment

ya better hurry! I'm outta there in July!
                Nice....

Comment

Retirement Home ???????? Hell Yes!!! Last day of work is scheduled for July 31st!!! I hit 32 years with AA on Saturday..
                  That means I was 4 years old when you started working there. Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by bradm View Post
                    that means i was 4 years old when you started working there. Congrats!
                    yeesh!! Thanks!

Comment

Congrats. I've seen too many guys not get to retire.Enjoy it!
                      2006 Civic SI
                      2009 Pilot
                      1988 GT
                      CRF50

Widebody whore.

Comment

Originally posted by GE View Post
                        Indeed I did. With the help of Dan Bishop, Project Manager.
                        Title check!
                        Originally posted by Nash B.
                        Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
                          That means I was 4 years old when you started working there. Congrats!
                          I was -67 days

Comment

Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
                            I was -67 days
                            yeesh, a bunch of young whippersnappers fer sure!!

Comment

Originally posted by beefed88 View Post
                              Congrats. I've seen too many guys not get to retire.Enjoy it!
                              Thanks!

Comment

I've now flown on 4 Southwest flights since the accident, sat next to the window, and didn't get sucked out, I think we'll be ok.

Comment

Working...
                                X