DFW Mustangs    

Go Back   DFW Mustangs > General > Technology Rules

Technology Rules iPhone suxx, Q/A for all computer, networking, phone, and gaming issues

Old 05-23-2017, 12:54 PM   #21
Scott Mc
Outcast

The S8+ is currently the best phone I have ever owned, zero issues and the battery life is ridiculously awesome. My S4 is a joke when compared to its replacement.
Scott Mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 01:00 PM   #22
HarrisonTX
Lifer

I'm still rocking my OnePlus two. Unlocked and pure Android. Half the price than a galaxy
Old 05-23-2017, 01:58 PM   #23
War Machine
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrisonTX View Post
I'm still rocking my OnePlus two. Unlocked and pure Android. Half the price than a galaxy
I had such a bad experience with my oneplus one I'll never buy from them again. Their customer service is terrible
War Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 04:04 PM   #24
HarrisonTX
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Machine View Post
I had such a bad experience with my oneplus one I'll never buy from them again. Their customer service is terrible
what was your experience ?
Old 05-24-2017, 10:52 AM   #25
War Machine
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrisonTX View Post
what was your experience ?
I bought the oneplus one when it first came out. I loved that phone, then they did an updated and the phone would ghost type, lock up, over heat. I contacted customer service over and over and they wouldn't do anything about it. I looked on their Facebook many others complained about the same issue. Terrible customer service. Such a shame.
War Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 02:02 PM   #26
yellowstang
Lifer

Back to the top!
I'm thinking of straying from Samsung, had S series for a while now. Looking at the Pixel 2 XL, and possibly the S9 (coming out in a little longer). Who has a Pixel 2, how do you like it?
Less bloatware, seems to have a great battery and camera.
yellowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 03:04 PM   #27
FastFord19
Lifer

I've had the Pixel 2 XL for a few months now. I love this phone. I can get about 26 hours of battery (about 5-6 on screen time). I like the always on display and the "what's playing" feature is neat and useful". Of course, the camera is awesome. This is my first Android phone that actually takes good pictures.
FastFord19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 03:07 PM   #28
Tx Redneck
Wannabe puter fixor
VIP Member

Location: On the straight and narrow,stumbling at best, only by Gods grace.
Send a message via Skype™ to Tx Redneck

Yeah, for cleanest UX, Pixel is where it's at. If they sold em on installments at Tmo, I'd get one in a hear beat, but I'm not buying another phone upfront again after getting burned by Motorola
Tx Redneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 04:59 PM   #29
Rick Modena
Cockasaurusmex
VIP Member

I've been a Motorola user since the first Smart phone came out. Not one single problem with any of them (X, Turbo, Turbo 2 Z-2) They all have had great battery life and only ran over one that had to be replaced. Wife and son have them as well no issues.
Rick Modena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 06:57 PM   #30
scootro
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Modena View Post
I've been a Motorola user since the first Smart phone came out. Not one single problem with any of them (X, Turbo, Turbo 2 Z-2) They all have had great battery life and only ran over one that had to be replaced. Wife and son have them as well no issues.
i bought a Verizon prepaid Motorola Moto E4 at Walmart for $50 and paid a guy $2 bucks on eBay for the unlock code. it's a great unlocked phone and cheap!!! if it breaks no biggie I'll buy another one
scootro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 10:21 PM   #31
ram57ta
Lifer

Make you a good deal on an HTC Evo 4G. It has WiMax!!!!!!
Old 03-04-2018, 02:56 PM   #32
Tx Redneck
Wannabe puter fixor
VIP Member

Location: On the straight and narrow,stumbling at best, only by Gods grace.
Send a message via Skype™ to Tx Redneck

Evo4G was teh ish in its day.
Tx Redneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 07:24 PM   #33
ram57ta
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tx Redneck View Post
Evo4G was teh ish in its day.
Yeah it was even better when you rooted it for me. Wimax was great when you could find a tower but otherwise it was pretty slow on 3g.
Old 03-04-2018, 09:34 PM   #34
aggie97
A local track addict!

I had a Blu Studio 7.0 for a while but it finally got to be too slow. two days on a battery charge was awesome. 7.0" screen was badass too. Was $107 shipped to my door.

I've since moved to an Irulu G3 Max. Slightly smaller screen but the 3 "keys" at the bottom are not on the screen so it is nearly as large a screen as the 7" on the Blu, but is way faster and goes two days on a charge. VERY little bloatware and comes with MS office already installed. Currently $149 on ebay. I bought a second one as a spare. Loving it so far but I live in a hole in coverage out in BFFE and it struggles. Everywhere else it is fine. It even come with screen protectors and a clear sleeve from the factory as well as a stick on "ring/stand" for the back. Best value in a phone I have seen since I have ever bought a cell phone.
aggie97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 12:51 PM   #35
Chili
Joe Blow

I've had the Pixel 2 XL for a few months and really like it.. Really, the only complaint I have had with it is the size (height not width). Unless you have really deep front pockets, forget about bending over with it in your pocket. lol

I won't bother with details as there are a million reviews online, but I would definitely buy it again.
Chili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 12:53 PM   #36
Chili
Joe Blow

If you get it, I also recommend this case: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I love it.
Old 03-05-2018, 01:33 PM   #37
SS Junk
Lifer

^^^ The best covers I've found.
SS Junk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 01:44 PM   #38
Chili
Joe Blow

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Junk View Post
^^^ The best covers I've found.
I've been using theie minimalist clear ones for a couple of years, and started with one on this phone too, and liked those. The down side is they start to yellow after a while. But they're cheap so I would just replace them.

Saw this one on a review by Flossy Carter (youtube guy) and gave it a shot.

Old 03-05-2018, 03:14 PM   #39
jewozzy
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie97 View Post
I had a Blu Studio 7.0 for a while but it finally got to be too slow. two days on a battery charge was awesome. 7.0" screen was badass too. Was $107 shipped to my door.

I've since moved to an Irulu G3 Max. Slightly smaller screen but the 3 "keys" at the bottom are not on the screen so it is nearly as large a screen as the 7" on the Blu, but is way faster and goes two days on a charge. VERY little bloatware and comes with MS office already installed. Currently $149 on ebay. I bought a second one as a spare. Loving it so far but I live in a hole in coverage out in BFFE and it struggles. Everywhere else it is fine. It even come with screen protectors and a clear sleeve from the factory as well as a stick on "ring/stand" for the back. Best value in a phone I have seen since I have ever bought a cell phone.
I didn't realize chinese phones held up as well as it is looking like reviews state. Does it get regular LTE when not on wifi?
jewozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 03:19 PM   #40
Jose
Lifer

I upgraded my Pixel to the Pixel 2 after they came out late last year and have never regretted it one bit. Expensive but worth it and it's my fourth Google phone I think. And I'll also recommend the Spiegen cases. Great value for the money if you don't need a waterproof case.
Jose is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
svo sez flipphone from 86