Jasmine chicken recipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jasmine chicken recipes

The other day we went to a Mediterranean buffet in Irving off 114/MacArthur called Terra's I think. They had this awesome jasmine chicken on the buffet, but I can not find anything similar doing a google search.
    It was basically a sauce, maybe made with heavy cream or half and half (about the consistency of Tikka Masala) with chunks of chicken.
    I may experiment tonight, and use some jasmine and heavy cream, see if I can whip up a sauce, and cook the chicken separate and toss it in.

Anyone heard of, or know something similar and have a recipe?

Well, I tried to make it look like what I ate the pther day, and it was close in looks, but not taste!
    The rice sucked up all the juice way to fast. I used a cast iron pot tho, so I think it got too hot, even on the lowest flame when it had to simmer for 20 minutes. I added another 1 cup of chicken broth, so it watered down the taste.
    The sauce I only had fat free half and half, not heavy cream, so it was watery.
    Over all it wasn't horrible, but maybe a 5.5 outa 10. It definitely needed more spices to flavor it up more.

Comment

Now I'm gonna go to that buffet. Wait, that is too far. Any good mediterranean buffet in fort worth?
      WH

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
        Now I'm gonna go to that buffet. Wait, that is too far. Any good mediterranean buffet in fort worth?
        There is a good one off 20 in Arlington, may still be too far.

Andalous Mediterranean Grill offers a delicious variety of dips, salads, veggies, protiens and desserts.

Arlington Highlands Shopping Center
        457 I-20 East, Ste 101
        Arlington, TX 76018
        p. 817.465.2100
        f. 817.465.2102

Comment

Saffron chicken. It's basically chicken, yogurt, and saffron and your pour that over jasmine rice. I haven't attempted to make it yet but it's one of my favorites.
          Originally posted by BradM
          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
          Originally posted by Leah
          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Wow, we're getting old.
            Originally posted by MR EDD
            U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Old? I've always eaten, and cooked!

Comment

So none of the recipes I've found use yogurt, and they all use more spices. I've wanted to duplicate that recipe for the longest time, just haven't made time to do it because Mel won't eat it.
                Originally posted by BradM
                But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                Originally posted by Leah
                In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
                  Old? I've always eaten, and cooked!
                  I just started eating a few years ago, which is odd because I have been fat since I was 7 years old.

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
                    I just started eating a few years ago, which is odd because I have been fat since I was 7 years old.
                    You've also been drinking beer since then though
                    WH

Comment

Working...
                    X