Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by exlude View Post
    You got esapi for 300?
    Figured that was going rate? They're all over ebay at that price.

Comment

I have two Tactical Tailor rigs; one for the AR and one for the AK. Haven't really had a chance to put them through any abuse, but hopefully this year I will get around to doinf some carbine classes. They are American made and the prices won't break the bank.
      I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

One thing I'd consider is going somewhere to try one on. I found a few I didn't like. Some have different cuts, different inner material, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
          One thing I'd consider is going somewhere to try one on. I found a few I didn't like. Some have different cuts, different inner material, etc.
          That was one of my next questions, who around here will carry multiple brands or styles?
          Originally posted by Jester
          Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
          He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
          Originally posted by Denny
          What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
          FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
            We have been cycling out ESAPI plates and liners for Interceptor Point Blank vests like crazy................in accordance with DOS. I need to find out where they are going. If you find ESAPI plates look them over real well. Check for indications of them being handled rough, banged around or dropped. Even in worse than new condition, they are better than ar500 plates.

Eagle makes great stuff. I have their breakaway carrier. It is not ideal in the sense I note below but when I used it and needed it it was exactly what worked in my situations.

Condor has somehow gotten an airsoft rep. Not sure why, they make great stuff and a lot of people in know use their stuff everyday while keepin it real.

Tactical Taylor is a great company with many many solutions.

I am looking for a THIN concealable soft armor carrier, a plate carrier with nothing on it and a throw over and snap in chest rig. I think modular and being able to drop or add preassembled kit is the best way to go. Having a one sided solution to your situation is not a best laid plan of action. Have the ability to wear soft armor under a shirt, maybe even your carrier but have an option to throw over your body your actual load out. A good solid gear bag is also a huge plus.

Don't forget IFAK in your kit.
            Educate me here, what's considered soft armor? a bulletproof vest?
            Originally posted by Jester
            Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
            He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
            Originally posted by Denny
            What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
            FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
              That was one of my next questions, who around here will carry multiple brands or styles?
              If you can make it to Houston for the NRA show that would be a good bet. It'll be huge and would have a ton of vendors. As for locally, I couldn't tell you. Most of the stuff local is condor or voodoo tactical. Which isn't bad if they work for you.

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
                Educate me here, what's considered soft armor? a bulletproof vest?
                Soft armor will be the Kevlar fabric panels. Fairly light in weight and not very thick. Should cover most of the abdomen and back up to you armpits and neck (shirt line). Bullet proof vest? Yes.

Plates are just that, plates. I posted pictures of mine in the body armor thread.

My "carrier" houses both and acts as a mounting panel.

Ideally now that my purpose for armor has changed, I would switch to a more tiered setup.
                Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

HSGI also makes some great "battle belt" style gear. It's a lot more comfortable moving around in the bush and you can wear it with or without a vest. Lots of webbing to configure any way you want. Here is some random guy running around with a belt, so you get the idea.

Comment

So I have been looking at the vest and was curious, what color(s) have people selected and why?

Thanks

Comment

Interesting. Canceled the ar500 order, so I'm back in the hunt as well.
                      www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

Originally posted by S_K View Post
                        HSGI also makes some great "battle belt" style gear. It's a lot more comfortable moving around in the bush and you can wear it with or without a vest. Lots of webbing to configure any way you want. Here is some random guy running around with a belt, so you get the idea.

battle belts are the way i went (in addition to plated vests)
                        to me it was easier to setup each belt for each long rifle and its mags
                        the weight seems better there IMO too. a plated vest ain't light to run in , i couldn't imagine adding even more gear to it .
                        spread out the load! the only other thing i put on the vests were pistol holsters + mags

Comment

Originally posted by O.C. View Post
                          So I have been looking at the vest and was curious, what color(s) have people selected and why?

Thanks
                          Multicam. It's fucking cool and its what all cool operators wear.

Comment

btw i just went with cheap alice belts. sure they're uncomfortable , but they cost next to nothing and are invincible. That one the guy has on in the vid, looks pretty nice and soft. maybe you can powder your ass with it after you roll around in the muck for awhile.

Comment

Working...
                            X