What did I do wrong??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What did I do wrong??

I put a new head unit in my car and now every time I turn the key to "ON", it will reset my trip meter and all my gauges will go all the way to the right and back to the left. Also, my service engine soon light is on which has never come on before. Any ideas?
    2004 Mustang GT: BBK shorty headers, BBK O/R X, Flowmaster catback, JLT cold air, Trickflow 75mm TB and Plenum, UD pulleys, upper and lower CA's, 3.73, SCT XCal 2 ---- SOLD

I don't know, but that's pretty awesome, lol.

Comment

Does everything operate normal after that, gauges all work OK and the odometer displays the right stuff?

I think the symptoms represent what happens when you hold the reset button in and turn the car on, so maybe a crossed wire, or that button is stuck???

Comment

i found the problem...a fuse was in the wrong spot so it wouldn't keep the memory of the gauges i guess
        2004 Mustang GT: BBK shorty headers, BBK O/R X, Flowmaster catback, JLT cold air, Trickflow 75mm TB and Plenum, UD pulleys, upper and lower CA's, 3.73, SCT XCal 2 ---- SOLD

Comment

Cool, glad ya got it fixed!

Comment

Originally posted by DeddRekoning View Post
            i found the problem...a fuse was in the wrong spot so it wouldn't keep the memory of the gauges i guess
            Hmm, easy way to keep your mileage down.

Comment

Good to know. Never heard that one before, except when the battery is dying or loading a new tune file.

Comment

I put a new head unit in my car and now every time I turn the key to "ON", it will reset my trip meter and all my gauges will go all the way to the right and back to the left. Also, my service engine soon light is on which has never come on before. Any ideas?
                Dumbass!!! :P
                And Shepherds we shall be

For thee, my Lord, for thee.

Power hath descended forth from Thy hand

Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.

So we shall flow a river forth to Thee

And teeming with souls shall it ever be.

In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti

Comment

Well why u breaking stuff. Lol
                  99 Mustang Project JSTA2V
                  going from really slow to just alittle slow

2013 Focus ST the daily cruising the 4 banger

Comment

Working...
                  X