No announcement yet.

Used trucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can get an awesome deal on frontiers. They’re great little trucks but very dated.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
      So why not another Taco? Too cramped?
      I’ve got two boys and the 8 year old is already getting cramped back there. We never take my truck as a family anywhere because we all feel like we are on top of each other.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
        I’ve got two boys and the 8 year old is already getting cramped back there. We never take my truck as a family anywhere because we all feel like we are on top of each other.
        My BIL just bought a new crew cab Taco. I haven’t been in it yet, so I guess I don’t realize how cramped they could be.

The Tundras have a ton of room though.
        Originally posted by BradM
        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
        Originally posted by Leah
        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the Taco have the e-brake handle on the center dash panel back in 2006? I looked into them back then and it seems they did, at least on the base model. Odd if so...

Comment

You will want to stay away from the GM supercrews then. Those have less room than the other options and only the floor ac duct.

I remember when I was test driving a fully loaded Sierra and realized the piece of trash didn't have an upper AC duct in the back. Who makes that dumb of a decision? One of my neighbors dumped his brand new sierra for an f150 because the cramped backseat and lack of vents. This is critical when you have kids and want to do trips.

Comment

One of these days I'll probably own a pickup truck, but the last couple of times I considered buying one, I just couldn't really find one I liked aesthetically (late models, anyways). I haven't really been a fan of any of the full size pickups being offered for a while now, at least not in the way I would want one configured (4x4).

Ram is probably the closest, and one of the few I have actually considered in the last few years.

I actually like the looks of the Silverado, with the big exception of the wheel wells. Why those fucking morons ever chose to put square wheel wells on those is beyond me. Totally ruined them with that one decision, IMO. I mean, if you were going to slam it (or just throw wheels and tires on a 2wd) then they're ok, but that's not what I prefer.

I wasn't a big fan of the older Titans, but they weren't bad. The front end of the current style is absolutely horrible, though.. The hood / grill looks like their ugly ass van (NV). And the ones with those chrome fender vents?!?! Wow, they just make it worse..

I find it difficult to explain what I don't like about the Tundra, it's something about the proportions I guess. When I see them up close they just look too big and bulgy?.. Kinda like a Tacoma's older brother, with Downs Syndrome.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                You will want to stay away from the GM supercrews then. Those have less room than the other options and only the floor ac duct.

I remember when I was test driving a fully loaded Sierra and realized the piece of trash didn't have an upper AC duct in the back. Who makes that dumb of a decision? One of my neighbors dumped his brand new sierra for an f150 because the cramped backseat and lack of vents. This is critical when you have kids and want to do trips.
                You must be thinking about the gm double cab trucks which are equivalent to an extended cab. My trucks have all been crew cabs and at 6'3" i can sit comfortably in the rear seat when the fronts are all the way back.

I'm with you on the rear ventilation being terrible. I wish they kept the vents through the console like on my 2005 and 06 trucks.

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
                  You must be thinking about the gm double cab trucks which are equivalent to an extended cab. My trucks have all been crew cabs and at 6'3" i can sit comfortably in the rear seat when the fronts are all the way back.

I'm with you on the rear ventilation being terrible. I wish they kept the vents through the console like on my 2005 and 06 trucks.

No it was supercrew and it's a smaller backseat than the competition. Throw a carseat in and move the front passenger seat back and you will see what I'm talking about. I didn't say a 6'3 person wouldn't fit. He wants to haul kids and gear around. In that event just fitting a person isnt a good metric.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                    Gasser is just a sister fucking hillbilly that thinks you can use a lawnmower engine to power a turbo for a V8 to reduce parasitic power loss. In other words, he doesn't know shit from shinola.
                    Ah the felon thinks he knows someone from internet posts again. As usual its not worth answering your question
                    WH

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                      Ah the felon thinks he knows someone from internet posts again. As usual its not worth answering your question
                      Yeah. Ok.
                      Originally posted by BradM
                      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                      Originally posted by Leah
                      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

I honestly thought about a car since I commute downtown but being a homeowner, I do utilize my truck for random things and a car won’t work. I also plan on this truck being a long trip vehicle for a little while, so it has to accommodate all of the crap we haul on camping trips and family vacations.
                        You need a suburban. I've started buying them and flipping them and you can buy them dirt ass cheap. Last one I bought for $1500, am swapping the super clean cloth seats to my stepson's 3/4 ton burb. I put a fresh $500 4l60 in it and will probably sell it for $2500. They go for 250k miles easily and engines and trans are f'n cheap.

Pissing away money on a newer toyota or any full size truck is just stupid. Find the cleanest used one you can under 120k miles and buy away for 40 cents on th dollar....or less.

personally, after seeing some of the newer "beer can" F150's and how they crumple or tear in accidents, you could not give me one to drive let alone ask me to pay for one especially with a itty bitty V6 with the way we use a truck. I'd be constantly bitching about the lack of power and YES, I have driven the ecoboost...it's shit.

Comment

Originally posted by aggie97 View Post
                          You need a suburban. I've started buying them and flipping them and you can buy them dirt ass cheap. Last one I bought for $1500, am swapping the super clean cloth seats to my stepson's 3/4 ton burb. I put a fresh $500 4l60 in it and will probably sell it for $2500. They go for 250k miles easily and engines and trans are f'n cheap.

Pissing away money on a newer toyota or any full size truck is just stupid. Find the cleanest used one you can under 120k miles and buy away for 40 cents on th dollar....or less.

personally, after seeing some of the newer "beer can" F150's and how they crumple or tear in accidents, you could not give me one to drive let alone ask me to pay for one especially with a itty bitty V6 with the way we use a truck. I'd be constantly bitching about the lack of power and YES, I have driven the ecoboost...it's shit.
                          Lol is this the new "fox body and 5K" argument?

Somebody doesnt know how crumple zones work either...
                          Last edited by Ruffdaddy; 07-15-2018, 10:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                            Lol is this the new "fox body and 5K" argument?

Somebody doesnt know how crumple zones work either...
                            I think you hit the nail on the head!

Comment

Originally posted by aggie97 View Post

my 3.5l v6 would outpull any suburban you could put in front of it, will pull better mileage, and be safer and more comfortable along the way.

Comment

Were you not listening, ecoboosts are crap and his 250k mile 5.3 ls suburban will outpull anything
                                1971 Ford Torino - Time to go bigger and better.

2011 F150 Limited - Stock with a 6.2

Comment

Working...
                                X