Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would it take for a '03/'04 Cobra to take down a stock ZR1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would it take for a '03/'04 Cobra to take down a stock ZR1?

What sort of mods on an '03/'04 Cobra would be needed to take down a new ZR1? I would imagine Kenne Bell and every bolt-on, gears, etc. Would that do it? From say a 40 or 60 punch, highway roll-on. No drag strip or anything like that.
    Ford
    GM
    Toyota
    VAG

Originally posted by quikag View Post
    What sort of mods on an '03/'04 Cobra would be needed to take down a new ZR1? I would imagine Kenne Bell and every bolt-on, gears, etc. Would that do it? From say a 40 or 60 punch, highway roll-on. No drag strip or anything like that.
    Zr1 making 550ish rwhp stock.. if the cobra as Zero weight reduction.. im guessing 650 rwhp to hang.

i know with 650 rwhp i pulled away from a Turbo sn95 making right at 700 rwhp, and my fat pig is heavier then a zr1.

So either ported eaton with a decent size shot of juice.. or a BIG BIG KB.. or turbos.. either way unless its mkaing over 600 rwhp i wouldnt even sweat it..
    2016 250 Mini dozer

No matter how fast light travels it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.

Comment

a ls motor

Comment

Originally posted by quikag View Post
        And if it has an exhaust, or other modifications you'll be tossing down thousands on top of the tens of thousands already. A ZR1 shouldn't be a goal. The car weighs 330lbs less than a cobra to top it all off... and when it comes to the kind of speed you're going to be racing at, you have to factor in drag coefficient - another thing you'll be second at. If you plan on racing from a roll you can't win essentially, it's going to have more top end no matter what you do, and a higher top speed. When you get into that kind of power, you get to those speeds quickly. You'd probably need 1400hp to get an 03 cobra over 200mph. I know at the texas mile 950rwhp won't get you over 200 - The ZR1 does it with a warranty.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I ran into a black one in mexico one day. He took off on me from about 60 and I was hugging his ass until I hit mid 3rd then the gap opened up and I was getting drug. The gearing in those cars is crazy. I shifted 3 times before I heard him shift once. At the time I had a 2.3 whipple at 19#s making around 600 to the tire. So you would need a big blower like stated above or running a shot.
          2019 ram 4x4.....no toys currently

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
            And if it has an exhaust, or other modifications you'll be tossing down thousands on top of the tens of thousands already. A ZR1 shouldn't be a goal. The car weighs 330lbs less than a cobra to top it all off... and when it comes to the kind of speed you're going to be racing at, you have to factor in drag coefficient - another thing you'll be second at. If you plan on racing from a roll you can't win essentially, it's going to have more top end no matter what you do, and a higher top speed. When you get into that kind of power, you get to those speeds quickly. You'd probably need 1400hp to get an 03 cobra over 200mph. I know at the texas mile 950rwhp won't get you over 200 - The ZR1 does it with a warranty.
            A ZR1 won't run 200 at the mile. And it wouldn't take 1400 for a Cobra.... I would actually void pretty much everything this guy says
            Last edited by slownbmta; 04-04-2011, 10:43 PM.

Comment

I tuned a zr1 recently. Awesome car in person! Bone stock, with 500 miles..it did 568, then 570rw on the 2nd pull. I built a custom cold air, added ar 1 7/8 headers..and tuned it. Made 610rw or so. Tune from the factory was actually pretty good on this car, and it didn't leave a ton of room for improvment. At thr mile, I seemed to recall a zr1 going 200 with boltons and a cam. Made around 780rw. The car I tuned really needs a pulley to pickup crazy hp..hopefully we can do it soon

Comment

Originally posted by Cmarsh View Post
                I tuned a zr1 recently. Awesome car in person! Bone stock, with 500 miles..it did 568, then 570rw on the 2nd pull. I built a custom cold air, added ar 1 7/8 headers..and tuned it. Made 610rw or so. Tune from the factory was actually pretty good on this car, and it didn't leave a ton of room for improvment. At thr mile, I seemed to recall a zr1 going 200 with boltons and a cam. Made around 780rw. The car I tuned really needs a pulley to pickup crazy hp..hopefully we can do it soon
                is that the one red wants on the featured rides??

got 3 discs from ponch saturday with pics and vids of a bunch.

gonna be up soon.

Comment

lol.. OP doesnt have a cobra...
                  2016 250 Mini dozer

No matter how fast light travels it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.

Comment

Cars from the last mile:

Stock C6 Z06 - 158-163
                    Stock 08+ Viper (600 hp models) - 159-166
                    Stock Nissan GT-R - 160-166
                    Stock C6 ZR1 - 176-177
                    Stock '11 GT500 - 145-150

And here is a 205mph Cobra in the mile
                    03 Termi, Built By PSI Motorsports goes 205 in The Texas Mile

And here is the thread from the guy. Has a twin screw and only makes 850rw
                    YouTube- 205 mph @ The Texas Mile my car full stock intewrior even a spare tire, a/c, power steering, everything and no sheet metal wing or gutted interior. and no procharger just a simple twin screw.

Comment

Originally posted by White_lightning View Post
                      lol.. OP doesnt have a cobra...
                      How's your new cam working out for you? Got to run anybody yet?

Comment

Originally posted by slownbmta View Post
                        Cars from the last mile:

Stock C6 Z06 - 158-163
                        Stock 08+ Viper (600 hp models) - 159-166
                        Stock Nissan GT-R - 160-166
                        Stock C6 ZR1 - 176-177
                        Stock '11 GT500 - 145-150

And here is a 205mph Cobra in the mile
                        03 Termi, Built By PSI Motorsports goes 205 in The Texas Mile

And here is the thread from the guy. Has a twin screw and only makes 850rw
                        http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...exas-mile.html
                        my buddy went 177 in a 500 rwhp Z06 at the Tx mile last year..this year he went 172 because of the head wind, so its very dependent on conditions.

Originally posted by slownbmta View Post
                        How's your new cam working out for you? Got to run anybody yet?
                        havent really beaten on it a whole lot.. i love the way it drives.. Sam is a BAD mother fucker when it comes to tuning LS cars... its going back next week for a clutch and fuel system.. then once the clutch is broken off i can go have some fun..
                        2016 250 Mini dozer

Comment

Originally posted by Cmarsh View Post
                          Chris, have you done many CTS-Vs?
                          Originally posted by racrguy
                          What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                          Originally posted by racrguy
                          Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by White_lightning View Post
                            my buddy went 177 in a 500 rwhp Z06 at the Tx mile last year..this year he went 172 because of the head wind, so its very dependent on conditions.

havent really beaten on it a whole lot.. i love the way it drives.. Sam is a BAD mother fucker when it comes to tuning LS cars... its going back next week for a clutch and fuel system.. then once the clutch is broken off i can go have some fun..
                            I don't think it will run if you break the clutch off

Comment

So, basically a Cobra needs at least 650-700rwhp to outrun a stock ZR1 from a highway roll? Thanks for the info!
                              Ford
                              GM
                              Toyota
                              VAG

Comment

Working...
                              X