New Laws Sept 1 -

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Laws Sept 1 -

New laws are being enacted Sept 1. I am happiest about the clubs law. I never understood how I could carry a gun, but not a retractable baton. Well this law finally fixes it!

Full read:

Originally posted by WFAA

Governor Greg Abbott’s signature gave HB 446 its final okay. The bill, authored by Rep. Joe Moody, D-El Paso, lifts the state ban on carrying brass knuckles, kitty key chains, clubs and other self-defense items in public starting September 1, 2019.

NICE!!!
    I have wanted to be able to carry a baton while running for dogs! I don't want to shoot someone's pet, but I will beat the fuck out of that thing till it don't want no more.

Comment

It was illegal to carry a retractable baton??? Whoops!

Comment

business opportunity:

From the article

....Another new perk for alcohol aficionados starting this fall: beer and wine delivery. In June, Gov. Greg Abbott signed House Bill 1232, which allows Texas’ 10,000 beer and wine retailers to deliver the goods right to customers’ doors.

The governor signed the law in a video on Twitter, telling Texans to “enjoy responsibly.”

Under the new law, those with beer and wine retailer’s licenses, which includes many restaurants, cafes and coffee shops, will be able to apply for permits to deliver wine and beer themselves or contract through a digital delivery service like Instacart or Amazon.

Comment

So this means an Asp is fair game?
          G'Day Mate

Comment

Originally posted by CWO View Post
            business opportunity:

From the article

....Another new perk for alcohol aficionados starting this fall: beer and wine delivery. In June, Gov. Greg Abbott signed House Bill 1232, which allows Texas’ 10,000 beer and wine retailers to deliver the goods right to customers’ doors.
            Not really, they can use the same driver pool that does ubereats, Amazon Express, Postmates, etc... Just offer them a nickel more per mile to be TABC certified.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
              Not really, they can use the same driver pool that does ubereats, Amazon Express, Postmates, etc... Just offer them a nickel more per mile to be TABC certified.
              Yep...theres already services that offer beer/wine delivery. Favor is the one I remember.
              Last edited by Ruffdaddy; 08-28-2019, 06:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chopped54 View Post
                NICE!!!
                I have wanted to be able to carry a baton while running for dogs! I don't want to shoot someone's pet, but I will beat the fuck out of that thing till it don't want no more.
                Hell.. if you were getting robbed, you could probably win a gunfight with a baton if the robber wasn’t experienced and slightly hesitated
                "PSH!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                  Hell.. if you were getting robbed, you could probably win a gunfight with a baton if the robber wasn’t experienced and slightly hesitated
                  If you're close enough to them once they pull it then, yeah I could see a baton winning out over a gun.
                  G'Day Mate

Comment

Same rule applies with knives. If you let someone get close enough with either it'll probably end badly.

Comment

That’s a big gamble IMO. I’d prefer a blade... opening a baton is noisy, very obvious and kills time.
                      Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                      I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                      Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                      Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                      dont downshift!!
                      Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                        Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                        Yep...theres already services that offer beer/wine delivery. Favor is the one I remember.
                        Welp, I guess no one else can do it. I wasn't aware of that.

Comment

Originally posted by CWO View Post
                          Welp, I guess no one else can do it. I wasn't aware of that.
                          I’m glad that Ruffdaddy has shown you such. Be admonished like you should be.

Peasant.
                          Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                          I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                          Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                          Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                          dont downshift!!
                          Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
                            I’m glad that Ruffdaddy has shown you such. Be admonished like you should be.

Peasant.
                            You got a crush on me or something little fella?

Comment

Knuckles will also be legal. I've had an ASP baton for maybe over 15 years. Found it, new it was illegal, so it's been sitting on a shelf in my bedroom. Doubt i'll carry it but nice to know I could. Would be interesting to see if any training becomes available.

So anything else interesting?

Comment

Working...
                              X