Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Nano - keeps jamming

Ok, I have limited gun experience.
    I just bought a new Beretta Nano and shot it for the first time today. Using Federal fmj from WalMart.
    It jammed over and over again. 20 plus jams in 208 rounds fired.
    My wrists were stiff.
    I bought it off of gunbroker and had it shipped to local FFL?

Bad gun or bad ammo? Contact Beretta or can it be fixed local?

Thanks for advice.

We hold these Truths to be self-evident, that all Men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the the pursuit of happiness......, that whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive to these Ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government,
    I'm posting from my phone, probably while driving. Expect typoes.......

Did you lube it first, or just shoot it out of the box? If you haven't, I recommend cleaning it with whatever blows your skirt up, and lubing all the bearing surfaces (slide races, trigger/sear faces) with something dependable, like TW-25b.
    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

First I shot it as is. I asked about the jams after 100 rounds at the range and they oiled it. No difference.
      Last edited by '90Vert; 02-02-2013, 06:07 PM.

We hold these Truths to be self-evident, that all Men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the the pursuit of happiness......, that whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive to these Ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government,

Comment

Normally the first thing I do when trying out a new gun is clean it heavily and then lube it up. Pocket 9's have a tendency to be picky with ammo...I've had issues with cheapo Walmart WWB or Federal target rounds in my PF9 but after some cleaning, lubing, and a little polishing of the feed ramp it got MUCH better. I've had 0 feed issues,FTF, or FTE when using premium defense ammo (Speer Gold Dot, Winchester PDX1, and Fiocchi) and I had great results using Blazer 115grn FMJ target ammo. That Walmart special cheapo 9mm stuff is very dirty ammo and requires frequent cleaning of my little PF9.

Comment

Just oiling it won't remove any debris that may be in it from MFG... You need to take it apart and clean all the surfaces, then lube it. A few drops is more than enough.
          "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Some good points above and I would also try it with several mags if you haven't done so already... Otherwise I would send it back to the factory and let them handle it, that's what the warranty is for.

Comment

BTW: The reason I mentioned TW-25b is, it's heavier than regular gun oil, and for what essentially equate to bearing surfaces if this were an engine, if forms a good protective film on those surfaces, and helps migrate particulates away from them. Some people run grease specific to machine guns, and even straight up lithium assembly lube. It's up to you, but I wouldn't just put a Rem oil on the trigger and sear interface surfaces, or the slide races, or the barrel, if it rides through a bushing, or runs against the slide. It's fine for the inside of the bore, but that's more to protect the bore from moisture.
              ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Should've gotten a glock
                sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
                🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

ha ha ha.

seriously, just disassemble it, clean everything, oil up every part, put it back together, run different brands of ammo through it. make sure its all brass cased. load up some hollow points and let loose...to get a feel for what its gonna feel like during a "situation"...

Comment

I cleaned and oiled my wife's before we went out to shoot it the first time and it ran fine. I used cheap Independance ammo.
                    92 LX 5.0

Comment

Originally posted by soap View Post
                      Should've gotten a glock
                      I'd rather have a jam than a gun blow up in my hand

Comment

What grain ammo were you trying to run through it?

Comment

It was 115 grain Federal.

I'll clean it up and try again, it'll be next weekend before I get to the range but ill update when I do. Hopefully I can find another box of ammo before then.

Comment

The Nano can be picky about ammo and in some cases needs to break in. I've read some guys leave them locked open for a week or two to soften the recoil spring. I would recommend trying 124 or 147 grain FMJ ammo. You might also check out www.berettaforum.net and ask questions over there. It's a great forum.

Marcus
                            '99 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L

Comment

Originally posted by 2cammer97 View Post
                              The Nano can be picky about ammo and in some cases needs to break in. I've read some guys leave them locked open for a week or two to soften the recoil spring. I would recommend trying 124 or 147 grain FMJ ammo. You might also check out www.berettaforum.net and ask questions over there. It's a great forum.

Marcus
                              My PF9 wasn't a big fan of the el-cheapo walmart 115grn FMJ rounds OR the UMC 115grn JHP's when I first got it (it got better after cleaning and oiling) but it feeds Winchester PDX1 147grn +p like butter.

Comment

Working...
                              X