Texas: Key Pro-Second Amendment Law Changes to Take Effect this Sunday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The King View Post
    Correct. The whole process can supposedly be completed online.
    That's awesome, mine expires 3/14 so I'm just going to wait a month or so for it to get all the kinks worked out.
    Originally posted by MR EDD
    U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by slow06 View Post
      I am excited about 48 for my personal reasons, but I feel like this is going to hurt a lot of instructors and might make classes a little harder to find. That is a huge pool of potential customers that were just eliminated.
      The upside, is the looser laws could make more people go for their CHL - eliminating the need for renewal class business.

Wishful thinking, but possible.
      Originally posted by MR EDD
      U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Did anyone read into the switchblade laws that were passed with this?

Comment

Originally posted by John -- '02 HAWK View Post
          what is 864 effective start date?
          I believe it starts Sunday Sept 1st, but don't know how long it will take the instructors to setup new classes for 4-6 hour time frame. I hope that time includes instruction, qualification and paperwork.

Does anyone know if you can qualify with a .380 Auto?

Comment

Originally posted by 70Mach1 View Post
            I believe it starts Sunday Sept 1st, but don't know how long it will take the instructors to setup new classes for 4-6 hour time frame. I hope that time includes instruction, qualification and paperwork.

Does anyone know if you can qualify with a .380 Auto?
            Yeah you can, it has to be .380 or larger. Some instructors require you to use a 9mm or larger though.

Comment

When I was in my last renewal class, the facility was also conducting the initial training class at the same time. One of the initial training students asked "what does CHL stand for" about three hours into the training.

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
                When I was in my last renewal class, the facility was also conducting the initial training class at the same time. One of the initial training students asked "what does CHL stand for" about three hours into the training.
                I think that's an automatic fail on the test, isn't it?
                "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
                -Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by slow06 View Post
                    I think that's an automatic fail on the test, isn't it?
                    This individual left when the renewal group was dismissed after 4 hours with the supposed intent of coming back the next day to finish the rest of the initial classroom training. So I never did get to see how he did on the written test, but it must have been bad assuming he actually did return.

Comment

Working...
                    X