XboxOne S.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
    I'll believe 4k gaming on a console when I see it.
    Yeah you're not going to see true 4k gaming for at least another 10 years in my opinion. I had to throw down thousands of dollars on the best computer hardware money can buy to get my 4k gaming performance to a less than ideal level. PC Gaming is just barely (and I mean barely) able to crest the 60fps mark at 4k, and it costs upwards of 2k to do it.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

You guys aren't making feel so bad after all...

Comment

High Framerate is so much better than 4k for gaming, would be awesome if they would address that instead.

Comment

60fps 4k is so much better than everything, though.
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

4k60fps isnt bad, but 1440k144fps is just too good. I dont think I can go back to 4k until they offer higher framerates which will probably be a while as video cards will need a lot more ram on them. I dont even think I could go back to a 60hz monitor at this point as playing on other peoples computer bothers me. I swear its not a pedantic difference, its very noticeable. Causes me more eyestrain for whatever reason. 4k is fucking beautiful though, especially on games where you can zoom the camera out.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
              Yeah you're not going to see true 4k gaming for at least another 10 years in my opinion. I had to throw down thousands of dollars on the best computer hardware money can buy to get my 4k gaming performance to a less than ideal level. PC Gaming is just barely (and I mean barely) able to crest the 60fps mark at 4k, and it costs upwards of 2k to do it.
              I have a feeling the Scorpio will be the most expensive console we've seen. Especially because it is an upgrade option and not a mandatory upgrade.
              2012 GT500

Comment

Originally posted by abecx View Post
                4k60fps isnt bad, but 1440k144fps is just too good. I dont think I can go back to 4k until they offer higher framerates which will probably be a while as video cards will need a lot more ram on them. I dont even think I could go back to a 60hz monitor at this point as playing on other peoples computer bothers me. I swear its not a pedantic difference, its very noticeable. Causes me more eyestrain for whatever reason. 4k is fucking beautiful though, especially on games where you can zoom the camera out.
                I will second your sentiments about 1440 @ 144 FPS. Even my current set up, which runs 1080 @ 144 FPS looks really good. Good enough to keep me from upgrading to a 1440 monitor. Not that I don't want to, but as good as it looks currently, I can't justify the $1200 I would have to spend to upgrade to a 144 Hz 1440P monitor and the video card to support it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
                  I have a feeling the Scorpio will be the most expensive console we've seen. Especially because it is an upgrade option and not a mandatory upgrade.
                  The PS3 was $600 at release. I guarantee $500 or less.
                  "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
                    The PS3 was $600 at release. I guarantee $500 or less.
                    I'll guess $599.
                    2012 GT500

Comment

For the specs, it shouldn't be a penny over $400.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
                        For the specs, it shouldn't be a penny over $400.
                        The s or the Scorpio?
                        2012 GT500

Comment

I mean they are still using AMD.. I think they mean 4k streaming, which NVidia has been doing for over a year now with shields. You play 4k on their dedicated servers (usually 30fps) and stream to your console.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FunFordCobra View Post
                            I mean they are still using AMD.. I think they mean 4k streaming, which NVidia has been doing for over a year now with shields. You play 4k on their dedicated servers (usually 30fps) and stream to your console.
                            The S specifically states 4K streaming on their website.

Comment

Awwwww poor fellas!

Comment

Working...
                              X