Selling my house, need advice.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selling my house, need advice.

First off, I can sell the shit out of a car, but I know dick about real estate, never gone through this process.

I'm looking at selling my old car lot in Kaufman county. It's a pier and beam house, 1100sq ft, 3 bedroom, 2 bath on .67 acre. It's a fixer upper for sure, but the bones are in decent shape. Going to need plumbing work, the HVAC looked at, and the roof needs some help. Not leaking, but definitely needs help.

It does have a short pipe fence on half of it, rock parking, two gates, and some commercial outdoor lighting.

Now comes my dilemma, I have no clue about how I sell it and I need recommendations. From what I can gather, my options are....

1. Sell it myself. Looks like a royal pain in the ass, but I am open to advice.

2. Use a place like open door. They seem like the carmax of the real estate world, and I get the feeling that they will screw me.

3. Get a real estate agent. This seems to be the logical choice, but I hear horror stories at the same time.

So yeah, I am open to all advice, including real estate agent recommendations.

TLDR version: Noob wants to sell his fixer upper house and needs advice.

I've always been interested in RedFin. Supposedly 1% fee - no clue what the restrictions for that are.

Comment

Open door was 15k less than i got selling my house with an agent. Im not sure what redfin does other than list and send paperwork. It's tempting to put a few more bucks in your pocket, but what if you didnt get what you could have? How much did you really save?
      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Everybody knows, or is an agent, shouldn't be too hard to find one should you decide to go that path. A very close friend of mine is one of the most tenacious in the business, let me know if you want his info.

My recommendation is to use as reputable agent, I'd trust mine with my life (friends since college) If you aren't in a hurry, try and sell it yourself first. The whole point of having an agent is to have them there to answer all your questions, list on the MLS, and do any paper/legwork.

Comment

There’s something to be said for using an agent that is all over the area you’re in. Good ones are worth their weight in gold. Unfortunately, there are a lot of shitty realtors too.

My BIL uses something called listing spark for some of his flips. It’s $7/day to list on MLS via listingspark, but don’t expect them to do anything other than collect payment and maintain the listing on MLS.

For his higher end homes, he uses Redfin. My parents house will be listed via Redfin next week. BIL feels like 1) he gets more exposure and 2) it’s closer to a traditional realtor than listing spark. Still not full service though, due to the cut rate. I’ll have more feedback on Redfin when their house sells.

Anything other than the options above is not advisable unless you’re able to write and decipher contracts.
          Originally posted by BradM
          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
          Originally posted by Leah
          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Creek view realty flat fee.

Thank me for the 10K in savings later.

Comment

Working...
            X