Odd problem with a new car title.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odd problem with a new car title.

To start with, I was in the used car business, so I know most of the laws, but this one is beyond me. Seeing if anyone here has dealt with this situation before.

My dad bought himself a 19 Ram from a new car dealership. They didn't know if they could sell it due to the lack of paperwork, but went ahead and sold it to him anyway. He paid cash for this, so no financing.

Two months go by, his buyers tag expires and no plates, so he asks them whats going on. Salesman does the "pass the buck" trick that some other department handles the paperwork, but here is a new buyers tag with no tag receipt. I already know that part was against the rules.

Couple of more weeks go by without a word, so he talks with the sales manager. They don't have the MSO for this truck. They're saying that they're trying to get one, so they can get him the title, but again, it's been a few weeks and not a peep out of them.

Has anyone here had this kind of problem, or have any experience with tracking down the MSO? I don't even know if they can get a duplicate MSO from Dodge. Then in the meantime, I don't know who the insurance company would pay out to in the event of a wreck.

I don't want to be a hardass about it with the dealership, but at the same time, every time I've been screwed over, it's started with stall tactics just like this.

Maybe they pocketed the money?
    sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
    🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

The all cash sale part of it lets them do all sorts of shady shit because there is no lender.

I'd tell them that I want another truck that has paperwork.
      Originally posted by racrguy
      What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
      Originally posted by racrguy
      Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Go to FCA directly, they have an office in Addison. Not sure what branch is there but they were in my companies old building.
        14131 Midway Rd, Addison, TX 75001 469-374-4011

Comment

Threaten to report them to the state. The state can fine the hell out of them and can even pull their sales license over this kind of bs.
          Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

I saw this on the news like a year or two ago. If I remember correctly the new story said some guy was making the rounds at several local stealerships and pocketing the ttl monies...

Here's a more recent link but not the same story I remember:
            https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2019/03/20/...es-car-titles/
            Last edited by hxbernal; 05-20-2019, 09:07 PM.

Comment

I personally know Sean Rabb from fox 4. And his wife the sheriff. They live about a mile away for me here in Mesquite. Would make a good story.

sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
              🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Originally posted by soap View Post
                Maybe they pocketed the money?
                It's platinum dodge in Terrell, they have a pretty good reputation, but anything is possible.

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                The all cash sale part of it lets them do all sorts of shady shit because there is no lender.

I'd tell them that I want another truck that has paperwork.
                That's my concern as well, and what I'm advising my dad to do.

Originally posted by Chopped54 View Post
                Go to FCA directly, they have an office in Addison. Not sure what branch is there but they were in my companies old building.
                14131 Midway Rd, Addison, TX 75001 469-374-4011
                That's a good idea, I will tell my dad.

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
                Threaten to report them to the state. The state can fine the hell out of them and can even pull their sales license over this kind of bs.
                Oh, they're already getting fined to hell over not transferring the title within 30 days, but I know the state gets mighty pissy over new car dealers not following the rules.

Originally posted by hxbernal View Post
                I saw this on the news like a year or two ago. If I remember correctly the new story said some guy was making the rounds at several local stealerships and pocketing the ttl monies...

Here's a more recent link but not the same story I remember:
                https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2019/03/20/...es-car-titles/
                That looks all too familiar, think it's time to turn up the heat on them.

I personally know Sean Rabb from fox 4. And his wife the sheriff. They live about a mile away for me here in Mesquite. Would make a good story.

I'll see what they do first, but it's nice to have a news contact in case they want to be dicks about it.

Comment

Seemed relevant to your situation.

Comment

What does that mean exactly... "lack of paperwork"? Alarm bells should have been going off from the get go.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
                      That's my biggest concern right now. My dad is not one to cause a ruckus and is being patient with them, but I am trying my best to get him to pursue them aggressively.

Originally posted by GE View Post
                      What does that mean exactly... "lack of paperwork"? Alarm bells should have been going off from the get go.
                      They didn't have the MSO and thought it would generate when they sold the car. I unfortunately wasn't with my dad when he bought it and he is a trusting guy. I'm paranoid from being burned too many times.
                      Last edited by JC316; 05-23-2019, 11:35 PM.

Comment

File a claim with the state now, if they're in financial trouble you wanna be first in line to file against their bond

Comment

this was done many times back in the 80's. there were a couple of custom van mfg that sold vans and kept the cash .

Comment

Do they have a cow?

Comment

100 "Likes"
                              Originally posted by Da Prez
                              Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
                              Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

Working...
                              X