Star Wars Battlefront Beta Live Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star Wars Battlefront Beta Live Today

Immerse yourself in your STAR WARS™ battle fantasies. Feeling the ominous thud of an AT-AT stomping down on the frozen tundra of Hoth. Rebel forces firing blasters as Imperial speeder bikes zip through the lush forests of Endor. Intense dogfights between squadrons of X-wings and TIE fighters filling the skies. Immerse yourself in the epic STAR WARS™ battles you’ve always dreamed of and create new heroic moments of your own in STAR WARS™ Battlefront™.

Downloading tonight. It is my one wish that EA/DICE kept foul language out of this game, as I want to play with the kiddos. There was no foul language in the Star Wars Universe, hope they followed suit.

This game is fun as shit. Played for a few hours last night and it has a real battlefield feel to it with the vast open expanses and different vehicles you can get into.
    2004 Mustang GT: BBK shorty headers, BBK O/R X, Flowmaster catback, JLT cold air, Trickflow 75mm TB and Plenum, UD pulleys, upper and lower CA's, 3.73, SCT XCal 2 ---- SOLD

Comment

"Vast open" isn't exactly what I'd use to describe this game, but yea, it's pretty fun.
      sigpic

Comment

It's pretty nice on my XBone. I tried running it on my PC but it appears my old graphics card isn't up to snuff.

Comment

Played it tonight for an hour or so. It's beautiful, I love it and I'm getting my ass kicked. LOL

Runs nicely on my PS4.

Comment

It's like halobattlefield... not bad but not omg amazing either.

i hear there wont be a server browser in the full game..? that kinda sucks.

Comment

Graphics on ultra look amazing on my computer.
              Originally posted by Jester
              Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
              He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
              Originally posted by Denny
              What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
              FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

I cant believe they have a fucking FREE BETA. What the fuck is this.

Comment

One of you DFWM ballers throw it my way. This niggas broke!

Comment

Just log in man, its free. I like it, not sure how they are gonna keep it from being stale, looks like it will need way more weapon and equipment options and upgrades to keep up w/ other FPS. It's also pretty easy to find people to kill since all the guns are tracers. They work both ways, not sure if I like that or not.

Comment

Based on my experience so far, this is purely a run and gun game. Like, if you aren't running and shooting, you're dying. A lot of the time you're doing both. Lots of blind corners on the Sullust map, and it seems to come down to who sees who first.

Good point on the tracer effect. I haven't done a great job of taking advantage of that. I've played CoD for years and maintained a pretty consistent 1:1 Kill/Death ratio or better. I'm getting shredded in this game so far.

Comment

I'm going to end up getting it, but I won't be uninstalling bf4 any time soon.
                        sigpic

Comment

One thing worth mentioning: I really like the warm up/cool down mechanic as opposed to having ammo. It makes things interesting. Haven't mastered the "sweet spot" cool down, but it is useful.

Comment

Just found a video that I think helps explain why I was getting my ass kicked so bad: CoD gunning habits. Basically, you're penalized for looking down site, but not for hip fire.

This one tip and investigation into shooting mechanics will massively improve your gameplay in Star Wars Battlefront. Sponsored by EA Ronku. Battlefront site...

Comment

The AT-ST on the Hoth map is OP if you know what you are doing. Don't attack the uplink station on the left, hide on the right side and just blast anyone coming around that mountain path with the 6x grenade spam. I went 33/3 last night and mainly tooled around in an AT-ST.

Flight mechanics on PC are wack. I have to control speed and evasive maneuvers with WASD and F1 F2 and F3. Yet to target other spacecraft, I have to use my right mouse button? Weird.

I tried to cable rope an AT-AT...ended up flying into his legs on first turn.

Best part of my game was we were about to lose as rebels, Y-Wing ion bombed the AT-AT to get it exposed, I called in an orbital strike and it blew that thing to PIECES, as well as the 10 or so Stormtroopers running around underneath it. Epic clutch.

As much fun as all of this was, won't be buying. Too 10 year old COD player friendly.

Comment

Working...
                              X