Gtx 1080

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gtx 1080

The benchmarks are out and it seems like its not exactly what they said. The claimed x2 performance over the titan X, but in reality that was in VR only. Also it has less cuda cores if you care about those thingies. 9 Tera flops though and overclock to around 1850mhz a reference card.

From what I've seen, its an average of about 10 fps higher than a 980Ti @ 4k.
    Hopefully this will change with dx12 but people have been saying that forever now and the ashes of singularity dx12 benchmark wasn't what everyone expected of Maxwell architecture.

I will be really interested in what the new Titan10 can do but from these stats, SLI 980Ti will still be faster than any single card out there.

Also nivida is doing away with drivers any system using more than 2 cards. So Tri and Quad SLI systems are bye bye.

You can say that the cards will do better as the drivers mature, but I'm skeptical. What you get performance wise out of the gate is basically what you're at. You may gain 3%-5% through the next card release, from my experience.

I think we are another 3+ years away from a truly enjoyable single 4k card. They will also have Display Port 1.3 mainstreamed by then to allow the bandwidth.

sigpic
    Tags:

When is AMD doing their big Polaris reveal?

Comment

Originally posted by FunFordCobra View Post
      The benchmarks are out and it seems like its not exactly what they said. The claimed x2 performance over the titan X, but in reality that was in VR only. Also it has less cuda cores if you care about those thingies. 9 Tera flops though and overclock to around 1850mhz a reference card.

From what I've seen, its an average of about 10 fps higher than a 980Ti @ 4k.
      Hopefully this will change with dx12 but people have been saying that forever now and the ashes of singularity dx12 benchmark wasn't what everyone expected of Maxwell architecture.

I will be really interested in what the new Titan10 can do but from these stats, SLI 980Ti will still be faster than any single card out there.

Also nivida is doing away with drivers any system using more than 2 cards. So Tri and Quad SLI systems are bye bye.

You can say that the cards will do better as the drivers mature, but I'm skeptical. What you get performance wise out of the gate is basically what you're at. You may gain 3%-5% through the next card release, from my experience.

I think we are another 3+ years away from a truly enjoyable single 4k card. They will also have Display Port 1.3 mainstreamed by then to allow the bandwidth.

Did you ever move?
      sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
      🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Originally posted by big_tiger View Post
        When is AMD doing their big Polaris reveal?
        I don't know, but I'm not buying a second diesel powered generator and dedicated water cooling rig with a swimming pool for a reservoir just to run it.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
          I don't know, but I'm not buying a second diesel powered generator and dedicated water cooling rig with a swimming pool for a reservoir just to run it.
          They claim the performance per watt will be better than any other card. My Asus 390x runs hot AF, but thats mostly Asus's fault.

Comment

Right after I posted I went to wccftech.com. My card will completely irrelevant because a lower end card has higher performance, lower power consumption, and cheaper. This chart is promising.

Article: http://wccftech.com/amd-radeon-r9-480-polaris-10-july/

The AMD reveal will most likely be next Tuesday.

Comment

Based off that chart, I will continue to ignore AMD cards.
              sigpic

Comment

Makes my 970 look weak

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                  Makes my 970 look weak
                  I'm right there with you, bro

Not like I ever actually get to use it anymore, anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Ratt View Post
                    I'm right there with you, bro

Not like I ever actually get to use it anymore, anyway.
                    It's plenty of GPU for rocket league. I find myself playing that more than anything else here lately.

Comment

I find myself playing games that are running the unreal engine, or something else that isn't sli enabled, making me regret having two gtx980. . . . that is, until I fire up Battlefield 4 and enjoy it in all of it's 3440x1440 Ultra glory.

Fucking Fractured Space and Battleborn though. No sli supporting pieces of shit.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FunFordCobra View Post
                        They will also have Display Port 1.3 mainstreamed by then to allow the bandwidth.
                        No need for display port 1.3, USB 3.1 will be the next big thing for video transfer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
                        Originally posted by Jester
                        Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
                        He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
                        Originally posted by Denny
                        What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
                        FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Based off that chart, I will continue to ignore AMD cards.
                          I believe the cards in the chart are sub $250 dollar cards. Those are the rumors anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by big_tiger View Post
                            I believe the cards in the chart are sub $250 dollar cards. Those are the rumors anyways.
                            Fanboy rumors from what I've read.

You're not going to get near gtx1080 performance for $250. It's not happening.
                            sigpic

Comment

Fanboy rumors from what I've read.

You're not going to get near gtx1080 performance for $250. It's not happening.
                              The AMD score just below the 1080 is their higher end card in a crossfire(CF) configuration. So if they are in the $250-$300 range each that is $500-$600 to still be under the 1080. Seems reasonable.
                              QuestionableContent-Awesome Webcomic

Comment

Working...
                              X