Prob: Choppy vid playback and page loads on multiple devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prob: Choppy vid playback and page loads on multiple devices

I'm on Charter and having a problem with erratic choppy video playback and page loads on multiple devices (PC, Android, a Mac Air) that are wireless and wired(pc) connections

I've unplugged the cable modem and let it set for 5 min, and I've run speed tests (getting what I paid for) and I just cant seem figure out whats causing the issue. Any ideas

I have similar issue on time Warner.

What modem and router are you using?
    1971 Ford Torino - Time to go bigger and better.

2011 F150 Limited - Stock with a 6.2

Comment

It's because God knows you touch yourself.

Comment

What sites? Is it all video sites? Can you try through a vpn to eliminate traffic shaping?

Comment

Originally posted by Torinoman View Post
          I have similar issue on time Warner.

What modem and router are you using?
          cable modem is Cisco dpc3208

router cisco/linksys e4200

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
            What sites? Is it all video sites? Can you try through a vpn to eliminate traffic shaping?
            I notice it on youtube the most, but it also happens in news sites. Plus the a long load times are very noticeable on wireless.

I dont think its traffic shaping, but my knowledge of its very limited (anyway of testing?)

Comment

Find a free vpn service and connect through it, test

If you're short on cash, you can still use a VPN to improve your privacy online. Here's everything you need to know about what you get (and don't get) with the best free VPN services we've tested.
              Last edited by Tx Redneck; 05-29-2016, 11:23 AM.

Comment

broadband will typically unblock http://speedtest.net so you can get max performance, go there and get your speed results.

Then compare it to netflix speed test server which some providers will limit.
                How fast is your download speed? In seconds, FAST.com's simple Internet speed test will estimate your ISP speed.

Comment

Working...
                X