Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

iPhone and iCloud backups... Question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iPhone and iCloud backups... Question...

I have some lost text messages and photos that I want to recover. Problem is, I do not know which restore point they were backed up on. My question is, can I reset my phone and do a restore from an OLD backup (lets say from a year ago)... and get whats on that restore, sync, save, etc. Then do the same thing again from another restore point (say 6 months ago)... and do it again and again until I get all the way back to the most recent one from today and get my phone back exactly how it is today? But in the process of doing the multiple restores, I saved pictures and texts (screenshot them) to my computer?

I am just curious if once you do a restore from an old backup, do you even have the option to yet once again restore from a newer backup?

iCloud backups are incremental, meaning it only every-so-often does a full backup, and just syncs changes between each full backup (I have no idea how often the full backup is taken).

That being said, you would need to know exactly what point in time you wanted to restore to. Any restores after that would carry the changes along with it that happened in between the backups. If you added something, it would be added. If you deleted something, it would be deleted, etc.

This also depends on how much storage space you have on iCloud and how many backups/restore points it's able to store.

Comment

sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
      🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Working...
      X