X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuck. I have to agree with Junk here.

Comment

2 Corinthians 4:4
      in whose case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelieving so that they might not see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.
      Ford
      GM
      Toyota
      VAG

Comment

I grew up 2 houses down from KC in Lake Country on Eagle Mountain lake before he had cow skin rug $$$$$.

He now owns the north end of the lake property that was an old army base that includes an airport and a reported 12000 square foot house.

I understand being a business man and working hard to make $$$$, but when is the scale tipped to much in the wrong direction of greed and corruption.

I've know many people that have worked out there including one of the guys I hired on my previous IT teams and none of them have anything to do with the organization anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
          Lol.... That's exactly what I just said in my prior post from my findings on Wiki. And this is was you who stated:

I can't find anything about him being immortal. As stated, being a Christian all my life this is the first time I've heard of this story. Also, you're being an ignorant loon.
          Good Lord you can't read, one of the myths about him is that he is trapped in the cave where he is mauled by lions every day and he heals at night and it happens over and over throughout eternity. That story is actually in the Wikipedia link if you took the time to read it
          Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by quikag View Post
            2 Corinthians 4:4
            in whose case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelieving so that they might not see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.
            1 Pythons 6:9

First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in My sight, shall snuff it.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
              Good Lord you can't read.
              I am guilty of basically skimming over things like this since I've never had an interest in stories claimed outside the Bible. Especially that of SDA, Mormonism or Catholicism. I'll leave that up to religious scholars to bicker amongst themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                I'm glad its dying out, along with that old type of fear mongering in your post. And really, you wouldn't have anything to worry about either way.

Being all logical as the bible says, all you'd have to do is say something like "It was over 2k years later, and well just look at that mess. I thought it was all just some kind of superstition and I didn't want to get sucked into the swamp that it all appeared to be at that point". Boom you're accepted just on that alone. All logical, remember. He's supposed to be the god of logic as well. Christians conveniently never mention that part. Wouldn't fill any pews on sunday.
                The bible describes God in several ways, but I do not remember him being described as logical.

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                  I am guilty of basically skimming over things like this since I've never had an interest in stories claimed outside the Bible. Especially that of SDA, Mormonism or Catholicism. I'll leave that up to religious scholars to bicker amongst themselves.
                  I like fiction too.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                    The bible describes God in several ways, but I do not remember him being described as logical.
                    Yeah there's a lot of stuff they don't talk about. Like a few books conveniently removed. Another reason the whole thing is a farce. Oh I don't doubt that it started out 2k years ago as something useful to people. Maybe even very useful. But the way things look now, (like with the thread title) its been quite corrupted and bent to serve men who love money.
                    Last edited by Gasser64; 06-12-2019, 03:58 PM.
                    WH

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                      But the way things look now, (like with the thread title) its been quite corrupted and bent to serve men who love money.
                      So you're going to judge an entire peoples' faith based on televangelism? Now who does that sound like....

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
                        1 Pythons 6:9

First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in My sight, shall snuff it.
                        One of my favorite films. There are some who call me... Tim.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                          My personal take on this is that God is not in any way subject to being constrained within the "logic" of mankind. Logical thought processes as well as scientific methodology are completely of human construct.

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
                            My personal take on this is that God is not in any way subject to being constrained within the "logic" of mankind. Logical thought processes as well as scientific methodology are completely of human construct.
                            And that's what killed Jesus. He was doing the exact opposite of what the Pharisees and Sadyousees were expecting of him.

Comment

Working...
                            X