Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
    I’ve done that.. learned to always tilt them “air filter up”

You guys with honda mowers really need to relocate your springs too.. it’s a total game changer.. don’t worry it won’t hurt them (I’ve literally put hundreds of hours that way).. it’s the first thing I do after I buy them (unless you buy new then probably mow 5-10 times first)
    Springs?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Gets you an extra 3-400 rpm’s. Takes about 30 seconds with needle nose pliers
      "PSH!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by fordracing19 View Post
        Only issue I ever had with my Honda was I tipped it on the side to wash underneath and the air filter got wet with gas and wouldn't run right even after it dried.

I think a lot of the newer ones have those connections on top of the deck. Mine does anyway.

Comment

Gets you an extra 3-400 rpm’s. Takes about 30 seconds with needle nose pliers

Keep those blades sharp and mow often. You won’t need this craziness! [emoji38]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a lawn guy now since divorce. Not sure if my old one was like that.

2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Looks like I made a good decision. As far as changing oil. when you say you changed the oil with whatever synthetic oil you had, do you mean even mixing different weights of oil?

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
                Looks like I made a good decision. As far as changing oil. when you say you changed the oil with whatever synthetic oil you had, do you mean even mixing different weights of oil?
                It takes less than a quart.. just use some left over 5w30, 10w30 or 30w synthetic.. super tech is fine ����

And change every 25 hours or once a season or when it gets dark.. seriously just tip the mower on its side and let it drain into a pan.. slowly pull the string a couple times while it’s on it’s side and more old oil will come out
                "PSH!!!"

Comment

Yup, I mixed all the leftover oil from the car's oil changes and would just refill with it. I've almost a full 5 qt jug of Royal Penztrol Quakervalve1

Comment

Really? So I shouldn't worry about to heavy or light of an oil weight or mixing it? I think both of my vehicles now use 5W-30. I think the Honda manual says 10W-30. So I'm good to just use 5W-30?

Comment

Really? So I shouldn't worry about to heavy or light of an oil weight or mixing it? I think both of my vehicles now use 5W-30. I think the Honda manual says 10W-30. So I'm good to just use 5W-30?
                      The first number is the cold viscosity, not really a factor in summer time in Texas. The important one is the -30 and they are the same. Don't use a 0-20 or a 20w-50 and you should be fine.

I only change the oil every other season on my mower and usually flush it with extra 0w-20 I have from my daily. As long as most of the oil is the proper viscosity it's fine. It's a lawn mower, not a pro stock engine.

Comment

It takes less than a quart.. just use some left over 5w30, 10w30 or 30w synthetic.. super tech is fine ����

seriously just tip the mower on its side and let it drain into a pan..
                        First time confused the hell out of me looking for a drain plug, then looked it up on YouTube and got schooled by an 8yr old kid, lol
                        Justin

Comment

Just go buy a 5qt jug of super tech synthetic and you’ll have enough oil for several years.. it’s like $15-16 bucks.. or go to Costco and buy 10 quarts of Kirkland and change the oil on your car and keep the remaining 3-4 quarts for your mower and that will be enough for a long ass time.. i get about 30 hours on my mower before it starts getting dark with synthetic
                          "PSH!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by the spindoctor View Post
                            First time confused the hell out of me looking for a drain plug, then looked it up on YouTube and got schooled by an 8yr old kid, lol
                            It’s definitely something an 8 year old could do! Lol
                            "PSH!!!"

Comment

Thanks everybody for the education, especially on the oil

Just want to make sure I keep it in the best condition possible and not inadvertently mess anything up.

Comment

Thanks everybody for the education, especially on the oil

Just want to make sure I keep it in the best condition possible and not inadvertently mess anything up.
                                Did you buy a new one?
                                "PSH!!!"

Comment

Working...
                                X