Rangers 2020!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rangers 2020!

Well 2019 was a little better than expected and considering the Astros cheated and beat us 9-0 at home we could have had a .500 team. Lynn and Minor finished in the top 10 for Cy Young and are back next year.

JD has $110 million before hitting the luxury tax to spend for 11 more players, $28 million if he stays with last year's budget. I think it's pretty clear he's going to sign a couple of decent free agents this offseason. He'll definitely be in the running for Rendon or Moustakas since we need a 3rd baseman or maybe even Donaldson if the price is right. We also need catching badly so look for someone there. Grandal being the obvious preference.

Your faith in Daniels is impressive. He has done nothing but run the club into the ground since 2012. He will continue all while the price of watching mediocrity will triple. I’m sure Daniels and Garrett have a weekly phone call to congratulate each other on getting rich for being so average at their jobs. Daniels is getting punked by the no money A’s for his encore.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
      Your faith in Daniels is impressive. He has done nothing but run the club into the ground since 2012. He will continue all while the price of watching mediocrity will triple. I’m sure Daniels and Garrett have a weekly phone call to congratulate each other on getting rich for being so average at their jobs. Daniels is getting punked by the no money A’s for his encore.
      I like that A's and Cowboys comparison. The last time the A's were in the world series George Bush senior was president. Jerry Jones has won 3 superbowls since then.

Do you know how many post season games the A's have won since JD became our GM? The A's do have a better overall record since 2006 but they haven't won a pennant in over 25 years. The wild card round doesn't mean anything.

Comment

I like how you went back to 2006.... doesn’t change the fact the Rangers are in steep decline since 2012 and spend the days looking up at the A’s in the standings. The Rangers have also lost wildcard games, but you at least need to make the game.....

The Cowboys? They may play in a wildcard game this year too.... one they would lose at home to a wildcard team.

I guess your definition of good deals / trades and success just differ from mine. Mediocrity is clearly pretty awesome by your standards, so you dig Daniels. Most fans boo him these days and for good reason.

Comment

Last year was a surprise, but it went downhill once Gallo got injured. He really turned a corner and became a complete hitter rather than just a home run hitter. I think he was Top 5 in average, base percentage, and RBI's until he got injured.

Pitching is a major area that needs to be addressed. Ranked 25th when it comes to Starting Pitching ERA. Ranked 21st when it comes to Bullpen ERA. So they need to add at least one pitcher. Perhaps two and then hopefully Lynn and Minor don't regress next year.

As for batting they ranked 17th in terms of average. However before the All Star Break they were 6th. Post All Star Break they were 23rd and I think most of that is with Gallo being injured.

If the Rangers are going to spend a decent amount of money this off season. Needs to be pitching more than batting. Rangers won't win many games if they score 5 runs and their arms give up 6.
          Los Angeles Rams 11-5
          Last Game - Loss vs. San Fransisco
          Up Next - vs. Atlanta

2017 NFC West Division Champions

Comment

I need to edit the above. The batting numbers were based on runs scored, not average.

This is the rankings for the Rangers batting average for both prior and after All Star Break.

Prior All Star Break - 15th
            Post All Star Break - 26th
            Los Angeles Rams 11-5
            Up Next - vs. Atlanta

Comment

Daniels won’t spend money on pitching and we all know it. That’s why we have Lynn and Minor. We are lucky to still have Minor and Lynn is a few starts away from retirement.

Comment

Yup, I've grown to not be a fan of his.

At least the Astros are going all to hell.
                Los Angeles Rams 11-5
                Up Next - vs. Atlanta

Comment

Nomar Mazzara has been traded to the Chi-Sox. I have a feeling he will be one of the players that never fully blossomed as a Ranger, but will turn out to be a bad-ass somewhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
                    Nomar Mazzara has been traded to the Chi-Sox. I have a feeling he will be one of the players that never fully blossomed as a Ranger, but will turn out to be a bad-ass somewhere else.
                    Yea and in return we get a single A outfielder and a stick of bubble gum. Good job JD
                    Los Angeles Rams 11-5
                    Up Next - vs. Atlanta

Comment

Originally posted by pHILSANITY07 View Post
                      Yea and in return we get a single A outfielder and a stick of bubble gum. Good job JD
                      I see it as dumping a $5 million contract for a prospect under team control for a few more years. We have a crowded outfield and a few guys that'll be joining the party in 2021-2022.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                        I see it as dumping a $5 million contract for a prospect under team control for a few more years. We have a crowded outfield and a few guys that'll be joining the party in 2021-2022.
                        I'm okay dumping $5 Million if it also meant signing Anthony Rendon. However that didn't happen.
                        Los Angeles Rams 11-5
                        Up Next - vs. Atlanta

Comment

Don’t worry guys, we get to watch losing baseball in AC this season.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                            Don’t worry guys, we get to watch losing baseball in AC this season.
                            I'd rather stay home and watch us lose and drink cheaper beer.
                            Los Angeles Rams 11-5
                            Up Next - vs. Atlanta

Comment

Looks like the ballpark has already said fuck this season.

Comment

Working...
                              X