No announcement yet.

Thoughts/Suggestions on Red Dot for AR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I'm still on the fence about my EOTech. But I just read about this new sight and if I get anything else, it may be this. Strangely enough, it looks like an EOTech And I love the reticle options.

The most popular and widely respected voice in America for your gun rights, breaking 2nd Amendment news, and everything else you need to know as a gun owner...

Comment

Seems kinda silly. Why not just have an optic with a long battery life
      Originally posted by Theodore Roosevelt
      It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

That is large and heavy for a red dot.

You should really just buy one of the aimpoint micros. They have proven to be nearly indestructible and the prices have come down to a reasonable level with the release of trijicons new model.

Comment

Originally posted by Moose242 View Post
          I have had a few eotechs and sold them all. Every time I went to use one the damn batteries were dead.

Oh, and now SOCOM says they have problems with battery life, wandering zero, and temperature sensitivity.

And a huge international defense distributor can't get them to do any kind of customer service.

And now the FBI is even saying "fuck this shit" and switching to aimpoints.

See if you can trade for an aimpoint or a carry handle.
          Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
          It said after ANY temp between -40 and 122, so if I understand it right if zeroed at 73 degrees and you take it out to shoot on a 90 degree day, it could shift 4 moa and if you are lucky return to about 2moa off of zero if the temp gets back to 73. So basically the optic will have a 2 to 4 moa drifting zero unless kept at the temp it was zeroed at. Plus the shitty battery life.
          So I finally had a chance to take my AR to the range with the EOTech last weekend. I can't attest to any zero loss as I had never shot it before but it seemed reasonably accurate from however it was zeroed before with the offhand shooting me and my nephew were doing. I plan on bringing it back to the range next weekend and shooting it on a rest to test it for accuracy. Also I have been playing with it on an off here at the house and it's still on the original CR123 battery that I bought it on last December. So no battery drain issues with it.

So maybe I got lucky with this one I don't know, but so far so good.

Comment

I am getting a vortex spitfire 1x or Burris ar-1x soon. Red dots have some starburst in low light to me and are hard to shoot due to lasik. The etched reticle on my other burris is a crisp as can be. Etched great, plus you still have otics if the battery goes dead.
            I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

I'm looking for an option for my AR pistol/eventual SBR. My range used to allow me to shoot it on the 50, which was fine with a micro dot only or open sight. Now, I am restricted to the 100. I need to get something magnified, because I'm blind as fuck apparently.
              I have one of the black friday special PA micro dots. Does anyone have any experience with their add on magnifier?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
              Originally posted by Leah
              Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Not a red dot, but I run the Vortex Viper PST 1-4x24
                Last edited by wickedblkgt; 12-18-2016, 04:16 AM.

Comment

Reticle
                  Last edited by wickedblkgt; 12-18-2016, 04:16 AM.

Comment

Thought I'd resurrect this thread.

Hasn't been quite 4 years since I bought the EOTech but I haven't really had any issues with it. Once I thought it had died because it wouldn't power up even with a fresh battery, but checked it the following day and all was fine. Surprisingly it's only gone through one 123 battery.

Ahead of a class I'm taking in a couple of weeks, I'll probably put some rounds to paper with a good rest just to check zero.

Comment

Obviously too late to make a reco but I have a Vortex Strike Eagle and like it. Provides a good bright backlit sight as well as a 6x if I want to stretch its legs a bit. Best of both worlds.

Comment

A buddy gave me a NIB sightmark for one of my rigs, i really like it so far and the shake-awake is nice.

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                        Obviously too late to make a reco but I have a Vortex Strike Eagle and like it. Provides a good bright backlit sight as well as a 6x if I want to stretch its legs a bit. Best of both worlds.
                        I have a strikeforce II on another one, no complaints there either.

Comment

Honestly, my Sightmark Holo holds zero just fine compared to some of my more expensive optics. I'm not planning on going to war with it, it just needs to survive a rainy range day.

I also like my strike eagles, but they definitely add weight over a red dot.

Comment

Working...
                          X