Soft Roaders Day 2019, Mon 9/2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soft Roaders Day 2019, Mon 9/2

I think Jose and Rob might be going. FYI for anyone else.

https://www.facebook.com/events/353997592160536/

Bridgeport OHV Park, Monday, September 2, 2019 at 9 AM

Details
    Join us for some trails at the OHV Park on Labor Day.

There will be a beginner group for the super noobs to both the park and to off-roading. Other groups will be established in the next few weeks if we have available volunteers.

We may do a trail party format if the group isn’t too large.

You will need a Texas OHV sticker($16) and admission into the park is $25 per vehicle.

The beginner group is dependent on how much rain we receive in the weeks up to the day of the event. We will most likely cancel if we get a lot of rain.

I was a maybe. And don't our stickers expire by then and we have to renew?

Comment

SxS’s too?
      Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
        I was a maybe. And don't our stickers expire by then and we have to renew?
        Yesh, expire in August.

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
          Yesh, expire in August.
          I've only went the one time I bought it with Jose and crew.
          2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Originally posted by fordracing19 View Post
            Buy another and plan on going a lot! I'm always ready to go.

Comment

Originally posted by fordracing19 View Post
              Same here.. That trip cost me a lot more that $16 though! lol.. I still want to convert the Jeep winch to synthetic line after seeing yours in action. Way better that pulling cable when I had to use mine.

I don't mind the sticker cost though, since the money goes right back to funding for OHV areas.

As we get into cooler weather I plan to start going more often. I probably won't be going to this event, but the softroaders are a good group to go and learn with, from what I have seen and heard.

Comment

I’m probably in on this. I decided to jump into a Mustang project and got sidetracked on the Jeep, but it’s just lacking a winch at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                  I’m probably in on this. I decided to jump into a Mustang project and got sidetracked on the Jeep, but it’s just lacking a winch at this point.
                  Won't need a winch, enough peoples with strsps and shit to get anyone out of a jam.

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
                    Won't need a winch, enough peoples with strsps and shit to get anyone out of a jam.
                    My wife is on my ass to get the winch anyway. I just keep going back and forth on what I want... and maybe ordering car parts instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                      My wife is on my ass to get the winch anyway. I just keep going back and forth on what I want... and maybe ordering car parts instead.
                      Warn. Excellent product, won't let you down. Buy once, cry once.

Or go way cheaper and throw a Smittybilt on there. They are notorious for taking a shit, but the company is extremely good about sending new parts or a whole new winch, with almost no questions asked. That's good, but what if it breaks when you really need it?

Some people seem to have good enough luck with Harbor Freight stuff.

I haven't had to use my Warn more than a couple of times, and it's always to help someone else, but it has been THE workhorse that shows up and makes quick work of the job when several others had tried and failed with lesser winches. It's also a 16.5k, so that helps.

By the way, that's badass that your wife is pushing you to get mods for your vehicle. Mine tries to keep me in check the best she can (and that's probably a good thing for me).

Comment

Anyone out here? I know Jose is in line. I’m in the red Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk.

Comment

Originally posted by GE View Post
                          Anyone out here? I know Jose is in line. I’m in the red Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk.
                          We were out there!

Comment

Working...
                          X