No announcement yet.

Gas Monkey’s $300k Battleship Buick Riviera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have never watched a full episode of that show. I watched part of it a time or two and the parts where he goes to negotiate to buy a car seemed like total bullshit so I changed channels.

As for him hurting car culture, I don't think he is because most serious car people know that Ass Monkey Garage is reality show garbage. I suppose he could be driving prices up but it takes two people in a transaction to do that.

If you want to see decent shows, watch Hot Rod Garage and Roadkill Garage. They aren't perfect but they do real stuff on there and don't script a bunch of horseshit into it.
    Originally posted by racrguy
    What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
    Originally posted by racrguy
    Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
      If you want to see decent shows, watch Hot Rod Garage and Roadkill Garage. They aren't perfect but they do real stuff on there and don't script a bunch of horseshit into it.

This. I gladly pay for motor trend on demand to get roadkill garage, hot rod garage, roadkill, and dirt every day.

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
        This. I gladly pay for motor trend on demand to get roadkill garage, hot rod garage, roadkill, and dirt every day.
        Love these shows! Much more entertaining

Originally posted by IHaveAMustang View Post
        That and he is a complete tool. Can't stand the guy.
        I vote tool also.

Aaron frequently eats at a restaurant beside my wife's work. She has met him a few times and says he super friendly.
        Murph

Lots of cars that nobody desires

Comment

MT on demand is the best $5 a month I've ever spent. I started watching it for Roadkill but Dirt Every Day is what keeps me coming back. It was also cool when they picked up Emily Reeve's show, I've seen lots of people I know on it.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
            MT on demand is the best $5 a month I've ever spent. I started watching it for Roadkill but Dirt Every Day is what keeps me coming back. It was also cool when they picked up Emily Reeve's show, I've seen lots of people I know on it.
            Great shows...totally worth the $5. Great fun watching with my 10 year old.

I always want coffee when I watch Fred and Dave.
            Murph

Lots of cars that nobody desires

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
              I have never watched a full episode of that show. I watched part of it a time or two and the parts where he goes to negotiate to buy a car seemed like total bullshit so I changed channels.

As for him hurting car culture, I don't think he is because most serious car people know that Ass Monkey Garage is reality show garbage. I suppose he could be driving prices up but it takes two people in a transaction to do that.

I can tell you, the negotiations and purchases are very staged and scripted. My buddy shares a shop with another guy, and they bought a car from him. They came back 6 weeks later to stage the sale and negotiations for the camera. It was grossly inflated, and they already had it ready to sell or sold.
              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                I can tell you, the negotiations and purchases are very staged and scripted. My buddy shares a shop with another guy, and they bought a car from him. They came back 6 weeks later to stage the sale and negotiations for the camera. It was grossly inflated, and they already had it ready to sell or sold.
                See I was wondering and thinking things were off. When I watched this show like the first couple of seasons they did the Ford GT and sold it. Then like a season later there it was sitting there in the shop behind them in the back.

Comment

TV shows show stuff out of order all the time. Nothing new there.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                    100% correct.

Comment

Didn't Crash have some good info/dirt on those ass clowns?
                      G'Day Mate

Comment

Originally posted by Murph Tang View Post
                        Love these shows! Much more entertaining

I vote tool also.

Aaron frequently eats at a restaurant beside my wife's work. She has met him a few times and says he super friendly.
                        There’s always a dude that really does the work and there’s always another dude taking the credit and seeking attention.

Comment

Originally posted by Grimpala View Post
                          Didn't Crash have some good info/dirt on those ass clowns?
                          Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                          There’s always a dude that really does the work and there’s always another dude taking the credit and seeking attention.
                          case in point.
                          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

I know they use shills in some of the auctions to make sure their cars go for big dollars. It'd be a pretty boring show if we knew Dennis bought everything for half of what the shop had into it.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                              Originally posted by Murph Tang View Post
                              Great shows...totally worth the $5. Great fun watching with my 10 year old.

I always want coffee when I watch Fred and Dave.
                              Yeah, I like several of the shows on there. And Dave actually wheeled with our group a couple days out in Moab this year. I think his company was one of the sponsors. Nice guy, unfortunately Fred wasn't with us (though he was in town).

Comment

My buddy Emilio is doing their interiors now, he loves gas money I mean gas monkey

Comment

Working...
                                X