Laser engraving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chopped54 View Post
    Will it do polymers? What about laser stippling?
    It will definitely do polymers. Did a quick test with out logo on a PMag

Originally posted by jewozzy View Post
    It may cost a little but you should hit Facebook advertising up and create more custom pieces as opposed to cookie cutter. If you could do etch into knives as well you can capture a good market for the wife that wants to get her husband a knife with his initials for those weekend BBQs.
    We are slowly adding new stuff. We wanted to make sure that we had some "generic" items for the holiday markets. We definitely saw, at this one, that people looking to buy, want so.ething they can take with them. We picked up one custom order and gave out a ton of cards. We learned a lot. We made $400, so I would consider it a mild success.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    Originally posted by Leah
    Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Aaaaaand, now my SOG Twitch II. It is crooked as fuck, but hey.

Comment

Laser etched glass is nice and you can make edge lit acrylic signs that are bad ass.

Comment

Originally posted by inline 6 View Post
          Laser etched glass is nice and you can make edge lit acrylic signs that are bad ass.

I've been intrugued by that stuff! Most of what I've seen has been acrylic.

Comment

ALSO, Ive been kicking the tires for years about a small side venture custom cutting NICE foam inserts for poular sized pelican and pelican style cases. I can do it on my router I just haven't had the time to mess with it. One day I'm going to pick up a 3d digitizer and will slowly build a catalogue of rifles, pistols, and optics to cut the foam for. Hell its not even that expensive Ive just got to find the time.

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
              I've been intrugued by that stuff! Most of what I've seen has been acrylic.

Correct, cast acrylic is what you want for sure. The finished product can really pop if done correctly.

Comment

Aparently, black anodizing turns white/light gray....FYI

Comment

Originally posted by inline 6 View Post
                  Correct, cast acrylic is what you want for sure. The finished product can really pop if done correctly.
                  Aaaand. Now, I'm on google

Comment

A Christmas Market at a local church here in Greenville. Wesley United Methodist. We will be there from 10 to 2 tomorrow
                    My wife was planning to go to a Christmas Fair here in Plano today so I thought it might be the same place. She is quite crafty also and I've kept her up with your progress with the laser engraver. I was going to have her look for your crew.

Edgelit Acrylic can be tooled easily with a CNC router and can produce striking effects. It's available in multiple colors from different manufacturers. Flame polishing with a torch can make the edge really shine. This can also remove light scratches from the surface.

Lots of commercial plastic shops around town that build displays use it and the industrial plastic supply houses should have it in stock. Try Regal Plastics or Laird Plastics if you are looking for this in large sheets.

Comment

Aparently, black anodizing turns white/light gray....FYI

I think you're just seeing the bare aluminum after you've burned through the anodizing....but it's hard to tell from the pic.

How'd yall end up doing at the fair?

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                        I think you're just seeing the bare aluminum after you've burned through the anodizing....but it's hard to tell from the pic.

How'd yall end up doing at the fair?
                        Could be.

We did ok. $400 in sales, lots of interest, and gave out a lot of cards.

We focused too much on "big" items. Cutting boards, door hangers, etc. We are planning a lot of smaller items for the next one to capture the "lookers" or the "oh thats cool but I'm not paying $20 for a bigger item" type people

Comment

Todays creations

I'm stuck with scrap material working up new designs. We won't have anymore 1/8" sheets until tomorrow, hopefully

Comment

Those are cool. If you do the little less acrylic pieces, do the places sell the little stands too or do you have to source those elsewhere? I've bought a few of those as gifts before.

Comment

The edge lit stuff.

I've found a few pre made stands, but they are not cost effective

Comment

I can add acrylic to the list of successful cuts. One was cut mirrored for a smooth front, the other cut on the front face. The area that appears to be burned is smoke staining from the plywood I used as a spacer to create an aitspace and prevent flame ups.

Comment

Working...
                                X