DFW Mustangs    

Go Back   DFW Mustangs > General > Television, Movies, and Music Forum

Television, Movies, and Music Forum Want to talk about a show or movie you watched last night or a song or band you heard on the radio? Post it here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2020, 05:27 AM   #181
Stephen
Extremely custom title
 
Stephen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Spogtown
Posts: 13,664
Default

Watched the second episode.. this season is gonna be good!
__________________
"PSH!!!"
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 08:57 PM   #182
Trip McNeely
Black Ac
 
Trip McNeely's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 38,693
Default

Ok so I know I bitched about the long hiatus, but man was it worth it. This season so far is above and beyond expectation and is keeping the suspense up well so far. Definitely worth the wait.
Trip McNeely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 09:04 PM   #183
Stephen
Extremely custom title
 
Stephen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Spogtown
Posts: 13,664
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip McNeely View Post
Ok so I know I bitched about the long hiatus, but man was it worth it. This season so far is above and beyond expectation and is keeping the suspense up well so far. Definitely worth the wait.
I canít wait to see how the nacho/Lalo thing unfolds!
__________________
"PSH!!!"
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 09:07 PM   #184
Trip McNeely
Black Ac
 
Trip McNeely's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 38,693
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
I canít wait to see how the nacho/Lalo thing unfolds!
Mike is a genius.
Trip McNeely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 09:53 PM   #185
dsrtuckteezy
DON = Fucking awesome
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Boise
Posts: 6,087
Default

The howard/hooker scene was quite funny
dsrtuckteezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 06:57 AM   #186
Stephen
Extremely custom title
 
Stephen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Spogtown
Posts: 13,664
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
The howard/hooker scene was quite funny
Iím really curious what his new sudden interest in Saul is about
__________________
"PSH!!!"
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 10:51 AM   #187
Rick Modena
Cockasaurusmex ģ
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Still not luvin da police...
Posts: 33,283
Default

Wow, is all I have to say about the last episode...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverback View Post
Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.
Rick Modena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 12:49 PM   #188
talisman
On Walkabout
 
talisman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 59,492
Default

Saul freaking out on Howard was a priceless bit of acting in e7. Just did the current season and got caught up. The way things are melting into the Breaking Bad timeline now is some stellar writing.
talisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 01:48 PM   #189
Trip McNeely
Black Ac
 
Trip McNeely's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 38,693
Default

That chick from Madrigal is so annoying, I hope she isn't in this too much. She had way too big of a part in Breaking Bad. I didn't miss her at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by talisman View Post
Saul freaking out on Howard was a priceless bit of acting in e7.
lol that was hilarious. His Ego is starting to get big now. I think that was the reason for that, especially after the performance from him on the Mesa Verde Call Center Case.
Trip McNeely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 02:49 PM   #190
talisman
On Walkabout
 
talisman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 59,492
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip McNeely View Post
That chick from Madrigal is so annoying, I hope she isn't in this too much. She had way too big of a part in Breaking Bad. I didn't miss her at all.

lol that was hilarious. His Ego is starting to get big now. I think that was the reason for that, especially after the performance from him on the Mesa Verde Call Center Case.
She's a great piece of writing too, completely out of her league and uptight about it (and everything else), but so ruthless and smart she dives in anyway and holds her own. The character is obnoxious but I appreciate what went into bringing her to life.

His ego going off the rails in the last minute was priceless. I've had a couple of moments like that recently (internally), where things went really right, and it's probably a good thing I didn't have anyone to berate about it. lol "I travel in worlds you can't even imagine, you can't conceive of what I'm capable of! I'm so far beyond you, I'm like a god in human clothing!"
talisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 07:02 PM   #191
Stephen
Extremely custom title
 
Stephen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Spogtown
Posts: 13,664
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by talisman View Post
She's a great piece of writing too, completely out of her league and uptight about it (and everything else), but so ruthless and smart she dives in anyway and holds her own. The character is obnoxious but I appreciate what went into bringing her to life.

His ego going off the rails in the last minute was priceless. I've had a couple of moments like that recently (internally), where things went really right, and it's probably a good thing I didn't have anyone to berate about it. lol "I travel in worlds you can't even imagine, you can't conceive of what I'm capable of! I'm so far beyond you, I'm like a god in human clothing!"
I agree..

I love to hate Lydia... Saul has now pretty much turned into his full breaking bad self.. the only thing Iím curious to find out is what happens to kim. Will the cartel kill her? Or will she leave jimmy? Canít wait to find out
__________________
"PSH!!!"
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 07:08 PM   #192
talisman
On Walkabout
 
talisman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 59,492
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
I agree..

I love to hate Lydia... Saul has now pretty much turned into his full breaking bad self.. the only thing Iím curious to find out is what happens to kim. Will the cartel kill her? Or will she leave jimmy? Canít wait to find out
Or will she end up in prison. Or when things finally end in the post Breaking Bad black and white world, will he get a happy ending with her turning back up again?

I'm curious if all this is going to tie into El Camino somehow. That movie just sort of popped up out of no where, and Robert Forrester's character has been in this season. I hope his death doesn't fuck up whatever they were writing.
talisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 07:36 PM   #193
Stephen
Extremely custom title
 
Stephen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Spogtown
Posts: 13,664
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by talisman View Post
Or will she end up in prison. Or when things finally end in the post Breaking Bad black and white world, will he get a happy ending with her turning back up again?

I'm curious if all this is going to tie into El Camino somehow. That movie just sort of popped up out of no where, and Robert Forrester's character has been in this season. I hope his death doesn't fuck up whatever they were writing.
Fuck, I didnít know he died! Man that sucks.. his character was great!
__________________
"PSH!!!"
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 08:32 PM   #194
talisman
On Walkabout
 
talisman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 59,492
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Fuck, I didnít know he died! Man that sucks.. his character was great!

He died on the day of the freaking El Camino premier.
talisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 12:36 PM   #195
Rick Modena
Cockasaurusmex ģ
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Still not luvin da police...
Posts: 33,283
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by talisman View Post
Or will she end up in prison. Or when things finally end in the post Breaking Bad black and white world, will he get a happy ending with her turning back up again?

I'm curious if all this is going to tie into El Camino somehow. That movie just sort of popped up out of no where, and Robert Forrester's character has been in this season. I hope his death doesn't fuck up whatever they were writing.
My wife and I are trying to wrap our head around what happens to her too, we think since they got married, the cartel, specifically Lalo is going to kill her. We came out with that by Jimmy getting a conscience with the peoples family that Lalo killed.

And Forrester dying sucks, he was perfect for this role and we loved him in Jackie Brown...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverback View Post
Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.
Rick Modena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 10:27 PM   #196
talisman
On Walkabout
 
talisman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 59,492
Default

Ep Bagman was a masterpiece. When the twins were getting the 7 mil, that shot of the minigun on a stand in the vault makes me hope it is going to show back up, just like the M60 from s5e1 of Breaking Bad reappeared in the finale. It is a near ironclad rule of story telling that if you introduce a weapon into the story that weapon is going to get used by the end of it.

I also love the subtle car guy nods in both these series. Each character is very well defined by the car they drive, and it is almost never anything conventional you would see in typical TV. In Bagman there was an excellent shot of Mike opening the hood of the Suzuki from the point of view of the cap and wires and the composition of it impressed me. I'm guessing Saul ends up with his signature Caddy in the next two eps since the Suzuki is a goner now.
talisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 07:11 AM   #197
Trip McNeely
Black Ac
 
Trip McNeely's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 38,693
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by talisman View Post
Ep Bagman was a masterpiece. When the twins were getting the 7 mil, that shot of the minigun on a stand in the vault makes me hope it is going to show back up, just like the M60 from s5e1 of Breaking Bad reappeared in the finale. It is a near ironclad rule of story telling that if you introduce a weapon into the story that weapon is going to get used by the end of it.

I also love the subtle car guy nods in both these series. Each character is very well defined by the car they drive, and it is almost never anything conventional you would see in typical TV. In Bagman there was an excellent shot of Mike opening the hood of the Suzuki from the point of view of the cap and wires and the composition of it impressed me. I'm guessing Saul ends up with his signature Caddy in the next two eps since the Suzuki is a goner now.
Drawing from your line of thinking do you think they picked a Cayenne for the twins because of the pepper. Looks good or normal on the outside, but potent on the inside like the pepper? Lol I dunno
Trip McNeely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 10:45 AM   #198
talisman
On Walkabout
 
talisman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 59,492
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip McNeely View Post
Drawing from your line of thinking do you think they picked a Cayenne for the twins because of the pepper. Looks good or normal on the outside, but potent on the inside like the pepper? Lol I dunno
Like food pepper? I'm lost. lol But yes, that was another vehicle I immediately noticed that I think they put a lot of thought into. It fit them both perfect.
talisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 11:08 AM   #199
lowthreeohz
comment removed
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 27,757
Default

tf was up with the spare tire carrier on back of the porsche? yuck.

this bagman episode felt a lot like the fly episode in BB.. lots of time wasted and didn't move the storyline too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by talisman View Post
Like food pepper? I'm lost.
like a cayenne pepper lol

Last edited by lowthreeohz; 04-08-2020 at 11:17 AM.
lowthreeohz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 11:20 AM   #200
Trip McNeely
Black Ac
 
Trip McNeely's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 38,693
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowthreeohz View Post
tf was up with the spare tire carrier on back of the porsche? yuck.

this bagman episode felt a lot like the fly episode in BB.. lots of time wasted and didn't move the storyline too much.
Yeah it was a very long 1 scene. I think I hated the fly scene more though.
Trip McNeely is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
nay sez don't pull out, nay sez take this pussy, need blowjob? call naynay

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:46 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.