Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trump's Budget Will Eliminate Food Stamps!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump's Budget Will Eliminate Food Stamps!!!!!!!

In what would be one of the biggest shakeups of the U.S. food-stamp program in its five-decade history, President Donald Trump is proposing to slash cash payments and substitute them with "100 percent American grown food" given to recipients.

The changes, outlined Monday in Trump’s budget proposal, would reshape the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, or SNAP, which supports roughly one in eight Americans, by reducing cash spending by about one-third from current levels.

The plan is part of an effort to reform SNAP and save a projected $214 billion over a decade. It would give all households receiving more than $90 a month in cash a food-aid package that would "include items such as shelf-stable milk, ready to eat cereals, pasta, peanut butter, beans and canned fruit, vegetables, and meat, poultry or fish," according to the proposal.

The so-called USDA America’s Harvest Box "is a bold, innovative approach to providing nutritious food to people who need assistance feeding themselves and their families -- and all of it is home grown by American farmers and producers," Agriculture Secretary Sonny Perdue said in a statement. The program would provide food-stamp recipients with "the same level of food value" as the current system, Perdue added.

Last edited by SBFORDTECH; 02-12-2018, 10:05 PM.

Never understood why it did not work this way to begin with. Of course, it'll probably be scrapped after a year when quality control slacks and the media shows rancid meats...etc.
    Originally posted by MR EDD
    U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

It will be canned meat.

Comment

You know, it was this way back in the day. It was supposed to be a little embarrassing getting your government cheese. Fuck a lone star card, go back to straight up food stamps and wick only items.
        Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Gubment cheese for everyone!
          "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Originally posted by helosailor View Post
            that stuff was good when i was a kid

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
              You know, it was this way back in the day. It was supposed to be a little embarrassing getting your government cheese. Fuck a lone star card, go back to straight up food stamps and wick only items.

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                This. And it infuriates me seeing them by Cokes and Twinkies on it to boot. Or worse, they're buying steak and lobster with it (have seen that happen), then throw down real cash money on beer.
                "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
                  Never understood why it did not work this way to begin with. Of course, it'll probably be scrapped after a year when quality control slacks and the media shows rancid meats...etc.
                  It used to

Government cheese was a real thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                    It will be canned meat.
                    Beggars don't get to bitch about eating SPAM.

Originally posted by helosailor View Post
                    The government cheese that they used to give out was tippy top quality and nothing to bitch about. If you had to pay retail for that quality of cheese it would set you back 12-15 buck per pound today.
                    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
                      that stuff was good when i was a kid
                      Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
                      Beggars don't get to bitch about eating SPAM.

The government cheese that they used to give out was tippy top quality and nothing to bitch about. If you had to pay retail for that quality of cheese it would set you back 12-15 buck per pound today.
                      Oh, I've had it. It is good. My point was, if .gov can do that right, they can do the whole shebanga-bang right. Hell, give me a GS-13 or 14 paycheck, and I'll help make sure it's done right.
                      "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

^^^^ I do not know how much pay that is but I suspect that you are right.
                        Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Gub'ment peanut butter...

There is probably still a door patched with it from my dorm room at Mad(ison) House just off UT campus from 1986. I think it was from one of my roommates childhood stash.

Did I mention we were drinking?
                          sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                          17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                          13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                          86 SVO - Sold
                          '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                          01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                          65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Bringing back powdered milk?!
                            Fuck yeah!!
                            Wanna talk about motivation to do better in life...

Comment

Starve them out!
                              Originally posted by Silverback
                              Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Working...
                              X